BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

I'm exhausted

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
CeeDee
Netherlands

I'm exhausted

Post by CeeDee »

I'm new here and SO glad I found this site thanks to TikTok (love the dog btw ;) ). I've read a few topics and I finally don't feel so alone anymore in this madness.

I think my story is very recognizable, no need to type it all out because you've probably heard it all. For some context; I'm a 42 old woman and my LO is a co-worker I've met a year ago.

We had an amazing connection at first. We had so much fun! He was the distraction I needed. I was a wreck, my mother got very ill and eventually died last summer, my bf and I broke up after 10 years living together (unrelated to LO) and I lost myself in an alcohol addiction. I think that all was the trigger.

I became obsessed. He was everything for me, everything I did, my whole day, he was sitting right there in my head being a part of it all. It got so bad (also my life in general, the addiction, my mental health) I had myself commited to rehab. I spent 8 weeks there and learned a lot, I really thought I could handle the situation.

But then I came back home, went back to work, and nothing got better at all (well, I'm not drinking anymore so that did got better). I just cant quit him!

The hardest part for me is the hope. I got rejected HARD and still, my mind keeps finding reasons it will all work out. That we will go back to the connection we had at first. It feels impossible having to accept the fact that I ruined it, somehow I just can't live with that?
I'm so ashamed of my behaviour and this version of myself I've become. I can go NC for a while and then BAM, the madness starts again. I just can't let him go and the moment he is nice to me, my mind goes crazy again.

I'm exhausted. I'm so tired of waking up thinking about him. I'm tired of making up scenarios in my head. I'm tired of endlessly repeating nice conversations or interactions we had in my head. I'm tired of him being a part of everything I do or think about in a day. I'm just so exhausted....

I'll read a lot more on this forum, it really helps me to see I'm not alone. And I hope I will get over this eventually.

Thank you for whoever took the time to read my story!
Keater
United States of America

Re: I'm exhausted

Post by Keater »

Hugs. I’m with you on the complete exhaustion. My post next to yours says “sigh” lol
It’s a lot. It’s such a heavy load on the mind, and it’s not like we don’t have other things to think about!
Plus you also can’t really NC unless you switch jobs.
Do you see him a lot at work or can he be somewhat avoided?
Have you no idea that you're in deep?
I dreamt about you nearly every night this week
How many secrets can you keep?
'Cause there's this tune I found that makes me think of you somehow and I play it on repeat
CeeDee
Netherlands

Post by CeeDee »

Keater wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:23 pm
Do you see him a lot at work or can he be somewhat avoided?
He can be avoided. In theory. I just wish I could be strong enough to do that....

I feel your sigh. Why do we keep torturing ourselves like this??? It makes no sense!
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

CeeDee wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:02 pm

I feel your sigh. Why do we keep torturing ourselves like this??? It makes no sense!
Freud talked about the repetition compulsion - likely a pattern setup in childhood about not feeling worthy of a healthier form of love
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
CeeDee
Netherlands

Post by CeeDee »

David wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:29 am
CeeDee wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:02 pm

Freud talked about the repetition compulsion - likely a pattern setup in childhood about not feeling worthy of a healthier form of love
Interesting! Reading about that, it makes total sense actually.
It also explains to me why his rejection only made my emotions (read: madness) so much stronger....
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Good job quitting your drinking! Your addiction needs another outlet or the source of your addiction needs to be found and looked at. What are you trying to avoid in life?
"Tell me...how many times did you have sex with him?" Griselda, Cocaine Godmother
"Six, why?" Affair partner
"Because that's how many times I'm going to shoot you," Griselda
CeeDee
Netherlands

Post by CeeDee »

JupiterTaco wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:56 pm Good job quitting your drinking! Your addiction needs another outlet or the source of your addiction needs to be found and looked at. What are you trying to avoid in life?
It's mostly childhood trauma, never knowing love as a child, neglect etc. I'm working hard on myself but it's a long road.
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

CeeDee wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:41 pm
It's mostly childhood trauma, never knowing love as a child, neglect etc. I'm working hard on myself but it's a long road.
Yes, it’s a hard long road to make up for childhood trauma. In my experience, we can never fully heal these wounds , just learn to better manage our emotional reactions that come from them and to learn self compassion. Having an understanding partner can help as all trauma is relational and all healing is relational.
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
CeeDee
Netherlands

Post by CeeDee »

David wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:48 pm Yes, it’s a hard long road to make up for childhood trauma. In my experience, we can never fully heal these wounds , just learn to better manage our emotional reactions that come from them and to learn self compassion. Having an understanding partner can help as all trauma is relational and all healing is relational.
I just hope I can heal enough... It's a long and tough journey but I'm glad I'm taking the time to work on myself and understand myself.

Tomorrow back to work... I've had a pretty good weekend, managed to get some distraction and I did not give in to the urge to text my LO so yay to that 😅

I hope everyone will have a great week!
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

Well, you didn't text them & you started with this group, so you're on the right track.