BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Do you want to help with a study on limerence?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
L-F
United States of America

Re: Do you want to help with a study on limerence?

Post by L-F »

Do you know what the outcome of this research David?
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

Havnt heard anything
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
Zsababy
United States of America

Post by Zsababy »

L-F wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:30 am
After doing the survey it dawned on me... In my opinion (and I'm full of them =)) ) limerents make good daydreamers, they are good at fantasising. What happens if one recognises they are no longer good at fantasizing? Is it a part of recovery? Maturity? What? My fantasising button is broken. I used to drift off to sleep creating all sorts of stories. Now? I'll try (because I know its a way for me to drift off half way thru), but I just can't stick with it. My mind will drift off reflecting upon the day or my to do list, but never a fantasy.

Would make for an interesting discussion regarding outcomes, or those who find they are no longer limerent. Also, do people who have never experienced limerence daydream? It would be good to compare limerents to non-limerents and limerent-prone people. Incidentally, what makes someone limerent-prone? Trauma? Brain chemistry? Fascinating. We need a lot more research done.
There is a disorder called Maladaptive Daydreaming. I sort of have it, I think. It's having all-consuming elaborate fantasies and sometimes completely neglecting your life to live in your fantasy world. The two disorders are similar.

Sometimes you may subvocalize imaginary conversations/ or move your lips or show facial expressions. I had a boss say jokingly, "who are you talking to?" I don't know if he thought I was just muttering, but it really stung. If you think limerance is humiliating & dysfunctional, try MD. I've gotten better, though.

That's the downside of my highly active imagination; the upside is that I constantly get writing ideas, plot points, dialogue, art & video ideas & occasionally poetry or lyrics. I couldn't live without my imagination - my life would be so boring, so MD is a small price to pay.

Yes, I'd say we're big-time daydreamers who sometimes can't be rational or separate our fantasies from the reality of our LOs actual situation or level of interest
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

i emailed the study coordinator re progress- this is where they are at:

Hi David,

Thanks for checking in.

I am still below the target for the necessary sample size to do the analysis required. I need another 20-30 participants. However, i first need to extend the date of the project via my ethics team.

If it's ok, i will check back in with you once it is done. Would you be willing to post it up again once i receive confirmation? (the survey link is presently closed).
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence