BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Trigger-Warnings for Sensitive Stories And Issues...

Report technical issues
CarolHeart1

Trigger-Warnings for Sensitive Stories And Issues...

Post by CarolHeart1 »

Hello I have a suggestion for you. How about trigger warnings for sensitive topics sensitive issues and stories. Many of us come on here in terrible pain and others of us are on other levels of recovery and sometimes there's a conflict of interest. Sometimes one will talk about something painful or difficult and others of us might get upset when we read about it. I fear conflict on these boards from this. I ran into this the second or third time that I posted. I talked about something very painful and hard and a couple of people were triggered. It was a little hard for me to get support because the reading was difficult for them; it may be more difficult for them to respond. Maybe there could be something that says "I need some support" or "I need to know that you're here".
Combined with a trigger warning.
So that the poster's needs can be met and also the readers' needs can be met. I want us to feel safe on here I also want us to feel like everybody on here is supported when they talk about something that hurts with their limerence. Or some way to deal with the conflict . I've been to some message boards that have had Trigger-warnings Thank you
Peace,
Carol
Springtime is When Love Hurts the Most
Marc
United States of America

Re: Trigger-Warnings for Sensitive Stories And Issues...

Post by Marc »

I wonder whether this has come up before. I do find references to "trigger" in a forum search, but not so many to "trigger warning" - at least in the sense of a request for them (but the search returned five pages - I have to admit I didn't pore over all of them). I guess David would have a better idea than the rest of us whether this is possible as a feature. Obviously posters could put "TRIGGER WARNING" in their subject captions, but that's no feature. Beyond the matter of feasibility, though, there is the additional matter of what governs the use of such a feature. There could be a bit of controversy there. ;)
Accountability: a word leaders start to use right before the scapegoating begins.
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

IT's a nice idea.

I've had a look and cant find a feature for trigger warnings for the type of software that runs our site.

The issue of triggers is interesting. My own view is it comes down to personal responsibility, we each need to take care of ourselves. Life has many triggers, us limerents know that only too well. Members do have have free will as to what they read here.

Part of my growth has been to recognise what triggers me and realise I do have a choice in how I react to these events.
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
CarolHeart1

Post by CarolHeart1 »

David wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:56 am IT's a nice idea.

I've had a look and cant find a feature for trigger warnings for the type of software that runs our site.

The issue of triggers is interesting. My own view is it comes down to personal responsibility, we each need to take care of ourselves. Life has many triggers, us limerents know that only too well. Members do have have free will as to what they read here.

Part of my growth has been to recognise what triggers me and realise I do have a choice in how I react to these events.
Yes we are responsible for our reactions.
Springtime is When Love Hurts the Most
Limfriend1
United States of America

Post by Limfriend1 »

That's sad you need trigger warnings. But with my own meltdown I can understand however it really is up to me to identify when I'm being triggered and then do something (positive) about it.