Be limerence free – start your recovery today
I am Dr. David Perl, the founder of limerence.net. I set this site up after struggling with my own limerence more than a decade ago. We have now grown to a community of more than 3,000 members. We offer a range of support from our free forum and public facebook group to more focussed memberships through to private coaching and therapy.
Watch the 1 min introduction to limerence.net by clicking the video below.
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE 11 STEP GUIDE TO HEALING FROM LIMERENCE NOW!
The largest limerence and affair recovery community
Welcome to limerence.net. If you’ve found this place, I suspect you or your partner are hurting from the fallout of limerence. If so, you’ve found the net’s oldest and most trusted community for those impacted from this condition.
Developing my own limerence
When I developed limerence it had a devastating impact on both myself and my wife and our decade’s long marriage. I discovered no therapists had heard of limerence and those I saw had no clue how to help so I had to learn the hard way. It took me years of therapy, reading hundreds of books and actively participating on the limerence.net forum to discover what helped and what didn’t. You can now benefit from my experience thus saving you many of the mistakes I made.
Setting up limerence.net
I set up this site which has helped and continues to support thousands of members. Over the years, I’ve often been approached by people asking for help and whilst the one to one support I offer as a psychotherapist and coach is great, its not accessible to everyone.
To address this, I along with my wife, Ruth have developed an online programme of videos and worksheets which helps those impacted to begin their journey of recovery.
For those wanting more intensive support, we have range of membership programs from private groups, weekly zoom webinars with Q&A’s through to private one to one sessions with myself or Ruth who is also a qualified therapist and coach. I understand limerence from the perspective of the betrayer , Ruth understands it from the perspective of the betrayed. I dislike these terms as they are shaming, however they are descriptive.
The experience we gain through our LoveRelations practice as coaches, counsellors and psychotherapists continues to inform us of this condition and just how many affairs have limerence at their core. For any hope of the relationship being repaired, the limerence has to be addressed. Few practitioners are aware of this. We are.
Whilst there are others offering help on the internet, most are anonymous and thus its impossible to know of their credentials and experience. You can read more about our experience and expertise here.
Are you struggling with these symptoms of limerence:
Intrusive obsessive thoughts of LO?
- Thinking 24/7
- Fantasising of a future together
- Feel you’ve met your soulmate
- Overly focussed on cues
Replaying and rehearsing?
- Over sensitive to cues
- Replaying interactions
- Rehearsing events
- Fantasising about being together
- Longing for reciprocation
Anxiety and self consciousness?
- Constant efforts to impress LO
- Shyness and embarrassment
- Heart ache and increased stress
- Fear of rejection by LO
- Social ineptness around LO
Emotional dependency on LO?
- Yearning for reciprocation
- Ecstatic when signs of reciprocation
- Mood swings
- Uncertainty driving despair
- Push/pull from LO
A partner with limerence?
- Lying and deceit
- Belief they have met their soulmate
- Emotional withdrawal
- Rewriting history
- Loving you but not in love with you
- LO is just a friend
If you answered yes to the above you likely have limerence
To get quick, private and confidential support, book an exploratory session now
Join our support community
Public facebook group
Limerence.net public forum
Limerence.net private forums
Zoom groups with Q & A’s hosted by David
Focussed small group Zoom sessions with a maximum of 8 people, hosted by David
Self discovery online course on healing from limerence
Private one to one email / Voxer support
Private individual and couple’s sessions
A structured in-depth online programme of videos and worksheets to take you through the initial steps of becoming limerence free
- Self discovery online healing from limerence course from Dr. David Perl
- Includes videos, worksheets and other reading materials on a guided and structured process to help you start healing from limerence
- Limerence.net public forum
- Limerence.net public Facebook group
Join the private community for those seeking day to day support from limerence with zoom webinars and private online groups
- Limerence.net private forums access
- Private Facebook group for men and relationships or
- Private Facebook group for women and relationships
- 2 per month 90 minute zoom groups with Q & A with David
- Minimum 1 month subscription
Join the private community of people seeking more focussed support with small private zoom groups with a maximum of 8 people
All the benefits from the Silver program plus:
- 2 per month 90 mins focussed small Zoom groups hosted by David with maximum of 8 people
- Early access to published videos
- Minimum 1 month subscription
For those seeking the best support through individual face to face private sessions with David or Ruth via zoom or in person
All the benefits of the Silver program plus:
- 10 x 60 mins private individual sessions over 3 months with David or Ruth
- 30 mins per week online private support per person
- Online companion journal
- Bonus content
- Couples sessions also available. We only work with couples as a couple.
- Contact us for more information.