Be limerence free – start your recovery today
I am Dr. David Perl, the quit limerence doctor and founder of limerence.net. I set this site up after struggling with my own limerence more than a decade ago. We offer a range of support for both those with limerence and their partners. As a psychotherapist, relationship coach and medical practitioner I understand limerence and pass on this knowledge to you.
Watch the 1 min introduction to limerence.net by clicking the video below.
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE 11 STEP GUIDE TO HEALING FROM LIMERENCE NOW!
The most established limerence recovery community
Welcome to limerence.net. If you’ve found this place, I suspect you or your partner are hurting from limerence. If so, you’ve found the net’s oldest and most trusted community for those impacted by this condition.
What is Limerence?
If you feel you never heard of the word “limerence”, don’t worry! The concept of limerence is not very known, however it’s meaning is widely felt across individuals from all over the world.
Ask yourself, have you ever felt obsessed and crazy “in love” with someone? Have you ever felt that all you could think about during the day was that person? Or have you caught yourself constantly fantasizing about someone, even if there was no interaction or relationship between the two of you? If yes, you might have experienced limerence.
Limerence is described as the obsessive and uncontrollable thinking of a limerent object (LO), usually a person, which can cause profound distress on someone’s mental health and well-being. Limerent feelings can become even more problematic for those who are in a committed relationship and experience it, as it can induce feelings of guilt and shame.
Developing my own limerence
When I developed limerence it had a devastating impact on both myself and my wife, Ruth and our decade’s long marriage. I discovered no therapists had heard of limerence and those I saw had no clue how to help so I had to learn the hard way.
It took me years of my own therapy, reading hundreds of books, participating on forums and working with many hundreds of clients in my own therapy practice to discover what helped and what didn’t. You can now benefit from my experience thus saving you many of the mistakes I made. We use the latest discoveries in neuroscience along with well established behavioural approaches to managing addictions.
Setting up limerence.net
I am often approached by both those with limerence and their partners people asking for help. The one to one support we offer as professionally qualified practitioners is great, its not accessible to everyone.
To address this we have developed a range of support. At limerence.net, you can trust the support, guidance and advice you receive. Both Ruth and myself are qualified counsellors, psychotherapists and leadership coaches. I am also a medical practitioner.
This begins with all the free resources on limerence.net including our articles, videos and podcasts. There is also the free to access parts of the limerence.net forum.
For those wanting more immersion, we have developed the online programme of videos and worksheets to help you with a phased approach on your own journey of recovery.
For those wanting even more intensive support, we have range of membership programs from private groups, weekly zoom webinars with Q&A’s through to private one to one sessions with myself or Ruth.
The experience we gain through our LoveRelations practice as relationship coaches, couple’s counsellors and psychotherapists continues to inform us of this condition. We have worked in person with hundreds of people with limerence. You can read more about our experience and expertise here.
Are you struggling with these symptoms of limerence:
Intrusive obsessive thoughts of LO?
- Thinking 24/7
- Fantasising of a future together
- Feel you’ve met your soulmate
- Overly focussed on cues
Replaying and rehearsing?
- Over sensitive to cues
- Replaying interactions
- Rehearsing events
- Fantasising about being together
- Longing for reciprocation
Anxiety and self consciousness?
- Constant efforts to impress LO
- Shyness and embarrassment
- Heart ache and increased stress
- Fear of rejection by LO
- Social ineptness around LO
Emotional dependency on LO?
- Yearning for reciprocation
- Ecstatic when signs of reciprocation
- Mood swings
- Uncertainty driving despair
- Push/pull from LO
A partner with limerence?
- Lying and deceit
- Belief they have met their soulmate
- Emotional withdrawal
- Rewriting history
- Loving you but not in love with you
- LO is just a friend
If you answered yes to the above symptoms, why not kick start your journey to getting limerence free?
Get daily emails for 1 week from Dr. David Perl, The Quit Limerence Doctor.
Public facebook group
Limerence.net public forum
Limerence.net private forums
Zoom groups with Q & A’s hosted by David
Focussed small group Zoom sessions with a maximum of 8 people, hosted by David
Self discovery online course on healing from limerence
Private one to one email / Voxer support
Private individual and couple’s sessions
If you want more intensive support, why not join our growing community below :
A structured in-depth online programme of videos and worksheets to take you through the initial steps of becoming limerence free
- Self discovery online video and insightful questions to help you heal from limerence
- Based on more than a decade of Dr. Perl’s personal and clinical experience of treating limerence
- Includes videos, worksheets and reading materials on a structured process to help you heal from limerence
- 14 day no quibble money back guarantee
First 14 days free
Full access to all the limerence.net forums with active involvement from Dr. David Perl and membership of our 2 private facebook groups
- Full access to all the limerence.net forums
- We have over 70,000 posts to learn from
- The members only forums are actively contributed to by Dr. David Perl.
- Access Private Message functionality of the forums to send messages to other users
- Private Facebook group for women and men
- Monthly subscription, 14 days free, cancel anytime
First 14 days free
Join the private community for those seeking day to day support from limerence with zoom webinars and private online groups
Silver membership plus:
- Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday, a 90 minute zoom group call with Q & A with David and / or Ruth
- Meetings are at 19.00 UK time
- Join anonymously, voice only or by chat
- We talk about all things related to relationships with a focus on limerence
- Meetings recorded and available to all Gold members for viewing later
- Monthly subscription, 14 days free, cancel anytime
For those seeking the very best in limerence support thats available. Work with 2 of the most knowledgeable therapists on the condition globally.
Gold membership plus:
- Video series
- Private individual sessions either face to face or by zoom with David or Ruth
- Online private support through email and Voxer
- Online companion journal
- Couples sessions also available. Note, we only work with couples as a couple.