BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

How to accept a healthy relationship?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Yesnomaybeso
Australia

How to accept a healthy relationship?

Post by Yesnomaybeso »

For the past 5 months I've been dating a man where it is absolutely clear that he is interested in me. It's easy. I'm not preoccupied with the things that limerence bring along. It's amazing don't get me wrong. But because of limerence, because of how I used to feel when I "liked" someone it has me feeling confused. Here I am realising dating doesn't have to be painful. But I'm finding it hard to accept it. I'm finding it hard to accept that I'm not too much when I want to message him even though he's told me a few times I'm not. How do you accept healthy straightforward dating when you have never experienced it and limerence is the only reference point you've known?
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: How to accept a healthy relationship?

Post by JupiterTaco »

Yesnomaybeso wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:34 pm For the past 5 months I've been dating a man where it is absolutely clear that he is interested in me. It's easy. I'm not preoccupied with the things that limerence bring along. It's amazing don't get me wrong. But because of limerence, because of how I used to feel when I "liked" someone it has me feeling confused. Here I am realising dating doesn't have to be painful. But I'm finding it hard to accept it. I'm finding it hard to accept that I'm not too much when I want to message him even though he's told me a few times I'm not. How do you accept healthy straightforward dating when you have never experienced it and limerence is the only reference point you've known?
I think being kind to yourself and getting used to a new normal and relating can go a long way. In my case I thought that my first ex was really good and normal for me and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't relax with him but it later came out after years of journaling why I couldn't get comfortable and there were many red flags with him. If that's really not the case with you and you're really just feeling uncomfortable because of the relationship Dynamics then maybe that doesn't apply.
She's not broken, she's just a baby. But her boyfriend's like a dad just like a dad-Lady Gaga, Alejandro
fup
Belgium

Post by fup »

I remember having these feelings when I first met my partner. Eventually I learned to enjoy the calm weather of a healthy relationship. Though it still can drive me a bit nuts when everyday life gets too mundane. It’s supposed to be easy in a healthy relationship and limerence is not easy in any way. In the beginning I just kept repeating to myself that I deserve love and a healthy relationship. And remember to do something for you. Your nervous system is used to the stress from limerence but have faith in yourself that your intuition will recognize this as a good healthy relationship and learn to appreciate it if you just try and relax and take it day by day and enjoy it.
Yesnomaybeso
Australia

Post by Yesnomaybeso »

Thank you