BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Anyone else's obsession start because their LO showed interest first?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Caitlyn

Re: Anyone else's obsession start because their LO showed interest first?

Post by Caitlyn »

I've never seen him be like that with anyone else but then again, I've only seen him a few times outside of him working. The first time was when he came to my bbq/party after work. That's the night he tried to kiss me and I swerved it due to not yet having the open marriage. That's also the first night he did a forehead kiss (right after I rejected the kiss on the lips) The forehead kisses definitely contributed to me getting feelings of limerence.

The other times I've seen him, I've hung out in his back garden, and he came over to mine for a drink after work. (with me, my husband and my mother, lol) My husband knows I've had a "thing" for the neighbour and is cool with it. :)) He doesn't know about the limerence though. So nope, never had chance to see how he is with other women. He has said he is really picky with personality and that's apparently why he's been single for 5 years. Which confuses me even more as I'm far from perfect, I have several mental disorders. He knows this and has also said to me "Damaged women are the best women". Maybe he thinks that because he's also damaged?
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

JupiterTaco wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:07 am Yeah people have a tendency to fall for people like bartenders even strippers LOL.

Also I hate to feel like I keep stressing this but there are people that just have literally no boundaries. You never stated whether you noticed how he treats everyone else as opposed to you but there are people who literally cannot keep their hands to themselves. Also physical touch is a love language. So depending on gender culture even group dynamics people may touch everybody LOL and they know that's just the way they are they may not mean anything by it.

I agree with just trying to find out the truth if it's important to you. You can even joke it off like it seems like you're flirting with me right now LOL.
Well come to think of it I have seen LF on license plates lately. Are you sending me signals LF? 🤣

Yes everybody is who they are, it's best to see them with other people to get a clue on what they're like.

Also I kept forgetting to ask but is there any possibility he was under the influence like drunk or high when he did these things? I'm just asking cuz sometimes that can influence how people act.
Last edited by JupiterTaco on Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She's not broken, she's just a baby. But her boyfriend's like a dad just like a dad-Lady Gaga, Alejandro
Caitlyn

Post by Caitlyn »

He was drunk at the party, I think. Well he says he got spiked at the party but I think he lied about that. I was with him the whole time and never noticed anyone spike him. I suspect he's a compulsive liar though as I've caught him lying about a couple of other things. That should have put me off but it didn't really, which is worrying. But he wasn't drunk any other time I've hung out with him and he even stroked my legs, whatever that means lol.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

JupiterTaco wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:32 pm Well come to think of it I have seen LF on license plates lately. Are you sending me signals LF? 🤣
Haha... That's funny
JupiterTaco wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:32 pm Also I kept forgetting to ask but is there any possibility he was under the influence like drunk or high when he did these things? I'm just asking cuz sometimes that can influence how people act.
Agree.

Caitlyn, I can assure you the grossest of gross thoughts about LO can not cut through limerence. Not even the gross truth such as being a liar. So even if you purposefully think gross things about him, I highly doubt it will work. Limerence has a way of oozing through like a festering pussy wound.

I know you're in the newcomer seat, and I'm torn between giving space to vent & express as opposed to giving support (aka giving you things to reflect upon).

This site used to attract those who wanted to lament or celebrate limerence, and I get it, however, I'd always suggest they didn't stay there long term. I also don't think it's healthy to focus on LOs behavior as if it's the reason for limerence, agree it can trigger limerence, but is not the reason behind it and the simple explanation for that which may irk some, is that anyone could have been the trigger. The 'O' in LO stands for Object, meaning, limerents make LO the object of desire.

The short answer (for any limerent), what is it you desire? A pretty face? Someone to listen to you? Someone to connect with you on different levels? What are you lacking in your relationship that you secretly desire?
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

And it's not just what is missing in relationships but could be missing in self, like seeing someone confident, or witty, or whatever, and being attracted to them for what one wishes they were.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Caitlyn

Post by Caitlyn »

[/quote]
Agree.

Caitlyn, I can assure you the grossest of gross thoughts about LO can not cut through limerence. Not even the gross truth such as being a liar. So even if you purposefully think gross things about him, I highly doubt it will work. Limerence has a way of oozing through like a festering pussy wound.

I know you're in the newcomer seat, and I'm torn between giving space to vent & express as opposed to giving support (aka giving you things to reflect upon).

This site used to attract those who wanted to lament or celebrate limerence, and I get it, however, I'd always suggest they didn't stay there long term. I also don't think it's healthy to focus on LOs behavior as if it's the reason for limerence, agree it can trigger limerence, but is not the reason behind it and the simple explanation for that which may irk some, is that anyone could have been the trigger. The 'O' in LO stands for Object, meaning, limerents make LO the object of desire.

The short answer (for any limerent), what is it you desire? A pretty face? Someone to listen to you? Someone to connect with you on different levels? What are you lacking in your relationship that you secretly desire?
[/quote]

I know what you mean. Even though I've been trying to focus on just his bad traits, I still find myself thinking about him all the time and it's really frustrating. He's like a song I've got stuck in my head but it's even more repetitive. I really thought seeing him for what he is would stop the obsession or "break the spell". No such luck. Every time I hear a noise next door, I wonder if it's him even though he lives with about 7 others in shared housing. When I walk past the pub, I sneak a peak to see if he's standing outside vaping like he sometimes does.

He's not even someone I ever would have gone for due to his age but that all changed when he showed interest with me and it was like I was suddenly starstruck and on such a high. Also the fact he's so good looking and in the past, I've made a point to NOT go for the really good looking ones. :)) Because I don't like that they would be getting loads of attention from others and I'm a jealous type when I'm really into someone!

My marriage already had a few problems. Husband has a high drive and mine is low. He has two kids who stay every other weekend and one of them is awfully rude every time, and she's aggressive which has caused fall outs between me and my husband. I've mentioned divorce a lot because of his kid. I've also been feeling like the romance has completely gone, no "spark". We've gone on trips away but nothing really changed. So I thought the open marriage would make us happier, and better than divorcing because we have one child of our own.

I guess LO confirmed that I've been feeling nothing with my husband. LO gave me highs that my husband used to give me years ago. I didn't think I'd ever feel like that again. But the lows have been awful.

I'm a sucker for "nice" guys and I really thought he was so nice and kind. Gave me his jacket when I was cold and let me keep it, he feeds the neighbourhood cat (probably doesn't need feeding though!) Seemed polite until the other night. He said he used to take beatings from his father on behalf of his brother and sister, which made me fall for him more because he seemed like a hero. But after catching him lying about other things, I'm not sure if that's true. It sometimes feels like I fell for someone who was fake and I'm missing that fake person.

One more thing which I feel is important. We have bad fathers in common. Mine didn't beat me but he's been an absent father, mostly. When he hasn't been absent, he's only criticized me and made me feel bad. And LO said it's something we've connected on, having bad fathers.
Caitlyn

Post by Caitlyn »

I think I messed up the quote part up there, sorry.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

You said he "seemed like a hero", did you ever wish your dad was your hero?
I had a negative father too. I can relate.
Caitlyn

Post by Caitlyn »

I think I just wished I had a father who cared and I've always been jealous of anyone who has a good father. I've often looked for a "father figure" in someone else, in a partner.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Caitlyn wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:14 pm I think I just wished I had a father who cared and I've always been jealous of anyone who has a good father. I've often looked for a "father figure" in someone else, in a partner.
I can definitely relate to that.
She's not broken, she's just a baby. But her boyfriend's like a dad just like a dad-Lady Gaga, Alejandro