BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Narratives

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
L-F
United States of America

Narratives

Post by L-F »

This isn't so much about limerence as it is about LF being on her soapbox =))

But seriously, those narratives that drive us away from being authentic. Yep. It's about them. I'm no expert. I'm not a scientist, doctor, influencer, whatever. I'm a Jane Duex who questions what drives people and from my experience, it's mostly EGO. Feel wounded? It's probably your ego. Feel left out? Second best? Not good enough? It could be your ego talking. Yes emotional traumatic wounds exist, so too does ego.

Work out what is a genuine need vs an egotistical need and you'll be able to start to define your [genuine] boundaries that serves a higher purpose. This goes for limerence too. Desire vs [genuine] need for fulfillment. The salve to soothe all ailments is not LO, it's self love propelled by self awareness and boundaries.

One does not need to be an 'expert' on psychology, spirituality, neuroscience, etc, to know there's a difference in the two [genuine desire vs ego]. All you have to do is sit quietly and ask yourself. Not me. Not an expert. Your intuition. Your higher self (or God if religious). Just sit, and listen.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
vesseloflight

Re: Narratives

Post by vesseloflight »

L-F wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:14 am One does not need to be an 'expert' on psychology, spirituality, neuroscience, etc, to know there's a difference in the two [genuine desire vs ego]. All you have to do is sit quietly and ask yourself. Not me. Not an expert. Your intuition. Your higher self (or God if religious). Just sit, and listen.
Thank you for this post. I like reading your thoughts. I think my higher self is so bored of my ego. Ha. I have finally come to terms that my ego will never go away. I just have to live with it and know that it likes to make an appearance. Hopefully, my higher self will be able to squash it more often than not! I am so sick of my ego. I named her Mrs. Bitterness and Spite. :))
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

vesseloflight wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:31 pm I named her Mrs. Bitterness and Spite. :))
Love it! Jung I imagine would classify them as a shadow (same thing in my eyes), that devil on the shoulder thing. You're right, doubt we can be free of them, only aware when they poke their heads up.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Keater
United States of America

Post by Keater »

Hello!
I feel I’m mixed. I know part of it is ego, and very much so. But the part of me that looks for things like this does stem from a lack of intimacy in my marriage.
I don’t feel physically or sometimes emotionally wanted, so it becomes an internal challenge. Can I make them want me? If they do, I “win”. Even though I might not really want them at all myself.
Realizing I am well into my 4th year with this current LO. It’s a long “game”.
I like the idea of taking it up a notch. Sitting with it and see if any answers arise.
Have you no idea that you're in deep?
I dreamt about you nearly every night this week
How many secrets can you keep?
'Cause there's this tune I found that makes me think of you somehow and I play it on repeat