Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

This Forum has saved my life!

A section to post what worked for you in your healing, recovery and growth. Includes some useful stickies from more experienced members of this forum.
Ceridwen
United States of America

This Forum has saved my life!

Post by Ceridwen »

Hi all! I just have to say this forum has been priceless to me! Between the support and resourses I've received from members on this forum and the dramatic changes in my life due to the "stay at home" orders I've made it out of the woods.... I know I'll never be 100% "cured", like an alcoholic It's going to be 'one day at a time' but I can't express how much different I feel from one year ago.

NC began with my LO against my wishes last summer, although by fall/winter when he broke NC I had decided I did not want to live this way anymore and I'd come too far to backslide. During those dark days this forum gave me an outlet, gave me insight and gave me my life back. The kindess of strangers who have lived or are living with these same feeling or emotions has been a gift. I really had no one else to talk to... Most of my friends would have have even heard the word "limerence" and unless you've lived with it I don't think anyone could understand the grip it can have on every part of your life. I'd been to several "counselors" etc and none of them helped. I stumbled onto this website by "accident' or fate and I'm so glad I did.

sticking to NC allowed time to do it's magic and heal those raw emotions. The shut-down of work and everything really pushed me over the edge as far as giving me a whole new perpsective. My normal daily routine changed so dramatically it got me out of my own head and gave me something else to concetrate on. Spending my time with my SO and my (adult) kids and actually completely getting back absorbed into those relationships has saved my life.

If you are on here looking for answers, please be persisitant... comment when someone's story is similar to yours. I hope you can find a message - mentor like I did too, it's a huge help. It's hard hard work, but it will pay off. I would never have believed a year ago I'd be able to say that.

Best wishes to you all on your path...

~Ceridwen :ymhug: :ymhug:
"If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" ~ Marilyn Monroe

NoDayDreaming

Re: This Forum has saved my life!

Post by NoDayDreaming »

wait, you didn't mean it literally, did you? i was worried for a moment.
I'm limerence free and I'm not afraid of it anymore. I learn something new about myself and life everyday. There is hope and so much more. NC works. Be free, be happy! In retrospect, LE was about the best thing that has happened in my life.