Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

When your limernet and your partner is not

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
Mezzer

When your limernet and your partner is not

Post by Mezzer » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:48 pm

So, Im interested to know if you're in limerence with someone, but the other person is not, but still interested in pursuing a romantic relationship with you. How do you control the more extreme behaviors caused by the limernece? eg Separation anxiety, irrational thoughts etc.

marko
United States of America

Re: When your limernet and your partner is not

Post by marko » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:11 am

I would still work on the why. Why so needy, why the need for validation. Those trauma's or anxiety etc. that make us unhealthy. Realize and mentally talk yourself through the irrational as best you can. I have to remind myself, they are normal, acting normal and my interpretation is not. I'm usually worse when other anxieties are pressing. Time passes and I get past better. Looking back at early life LE, I was so smothering and possessive and now feel like an idiot. I had no idea, so control wan't even a thought.

Mezzer

Re: When your limernet and your partner is not

Post by Mezzer » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:27 pm

Thanks for the response Marko, i find my behavior utterly irrational, but it still creates a high degree of anxiety, I think it comes from a general lack of self worth :(