Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Dealing with limerence, in seek of support and knowing your expriences also sharing mine

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
profanedandrew

Dealing with limerence, in seek of support and knowing your expriences also sharing mine

Post by profanedandrew » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:33 am

Greetings everyone, my name is Andrew and i just found out that the problem that has cursed every relationhip i had with anyone is an actual real problem called limerence and here i sit now trying to solve it
if you dont mind, i would like to share with you my story in hopes of finding people who relate to me and gain some more insight on this
since i was a child i had this problem, i think, i have always developed an obssessive attachment for someone who is dear to me, not necessarily romantic. I might be wrong here, but the first time i had it was with my father, my parents being divorced, i got to spend the summer with him and i basically had the time of my life with him, when left him i couldnt help but feel an overwhelming pain in my body that wouldnt stop, and that eventually healead as time passed by
and since that, every relationship i had, especially with a girl, became a torment for me, i would always want to talk to them and spend all my time with them, things which made me happy before didnt when i was limerent to the person and with this came the dreadful feelings and thoughts that disturbed my daily life
fast forward to today, i began to be limerent again, to my current friend which we both decided that it would be best if we cut contact for a while and so we did, it was decided recently, she was the one to introduce me to this forum, so here i am fully prepared to take on this beast
and with this person it has been the same, i didnt feel like doing anything, not drawing, not eating, just having the desire to talk to them and nothing else, becoming jealous and very controlling, luckily i was honest with my issue so we worked things out
we agreed that i will take time for myself to deal with this and i estimated that it would take me two weeks to not be limerent considering that i will be taking every precaution i can, but im wondering and hoping that and if two would be enough
if possible, i would really appreciate some support and maybe a friend that dealt with the same thing so it would make my exprience easier, i know that might sound like cheating but i would really love to participate in a group who dealt with the same thing and maybe hear your own expriences and how you dealt with them
thank you for reading, if you would like to talk to me send me a pm :)

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: Dealing with limerence, in seek of support and knowing your expriences also sharing mine

Post by David » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:44 am

profanedandrew wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:33 am

thank you for reading, if you would like to talk to me send me a pm :)
welcome Andrew and pleased you found our community and sorry to read of your struggles.

We encourage people to exchange on the public forum initially, us limerents can be a vulnerable group and for safety Id suggest people hold back from PMing. Whilst I cant stop others from making contact, id encourage the open forum.
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For Relationship Coaching/Therapy see www.loverelations.co.uk