Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Quarantine holiday

Want get to know each other outside of limerence? Here is an area for jokes, general chat, reflections in general or whatever else floats your boat.
Idiotic

Re: Quarantine holiday

Post by Idiotic » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:04 am

MrSpock wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:01 pm
WishMagick wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:40 pm
I was supposed to have Orientation for my new job tomorrow (it was switched to a Skype meeting instead of in person), and I missed a conference call yesterday that I think was telling us that the store opening has been pushed back and also our training...which was supposed to start on the 30th.

Not sure about that yet, but...it seems so.

I am a little disappointed. I was so excited about this job and how it was going to improve our financial situation and keep my mind off of my LO, but now everything has come to a grinding halt.

I understand why this is going on. It probably sounds like I'm complaining. I was just really looking forward to this distraction.
Oh... right! you were just about to start this! Damn.

Well, at least know that is totally OK to feel a little disappointed, without that implying that you are unreasonable or can't see the severity of what is happening.

Here in Argentina we started a complete lockdown today (for two weeks).
If I go out, the police will ask me why and if it is not to say buy groceries or medicine or take care of a baby etc... I would be detained.
Dude! What about walking your dog?!
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:06 am

L-F wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:36 am
NVTS wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:21 pm
DW and kids are stuck at home hopefully they will not shank each other LOL.
=))
Haven't heard the word 'shank' in ages.
In 48 hrs time, we'll be starting our lockdown for 4 weeks.
Yeah I read about that! A month of lockdown might make people go crazy. Hope you don't combust LF

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:07 am

NVTS wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:52 am

There is a family in New Jersey that has lost 4 members in quick succession due to this virus, so as bad as things may seem for us individually.........

I'm sorry to hear about this. 4 is a lot.

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:14 am

Quarantine is getting to me. I don't read or watch movies! I just sit around!! It's weird.

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:31 pm

Idiotic wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:14 am
Quarantine is getting to me. I don't read or watch movies! I just sit around!! It's weird.
Iddy! You gotta look after your mental health. But then, if sitting around works for you, just keep doing that.
I plan to spend most days on the beach with the dogs - we are encouraged to get out and about so long as we make sure there's a 2 meter gap between people. But who knows, things could change.
I like the fact we have less pollution.
"What we all want, really, is to be loved.
That craving drives our worst behavior." Jodi Picoult
@};-

WishMagick

Post by WishMagick » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:19 pm

NVTS wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:52 am
WM, this will all pass sooner or later and I’m sure another (or the same) opportunity will present itself when the time is right.
Oh, they are holding the job for me. The store owners and manager said everyone they hired was "hand picked" and they keep telling us that we are an amazing team. These are really nice people and I am still looking forward to starting the job when everything settles down and we get to our new normal.

My heart breaks for Italy. It's breaking for New York and for all those who have lost their lives and lost loved ones to this virus. If I think about it too much, I start to drift back into that good ol deep depression that is so ridiculously hard to get out of. My bleeding heart just can't take all of this.

If it weren't for an emergency dental situation that I have, I would have stayed inside completely. Had to go out twice already and have to go back next week for a follow up.

I'm spending this time bonding with my children, trying to finish "Anna Karenina", maybe start up another book too, and I want to start working on my next record.

I was going to write a short story called, "Love in the time of Coronavirus" - but I am sure a lot of people have that idea. Maybe I will do a song instead of a story! Lol! Songs are short stories anyway.

And now it seems that I may be becoming limerent for my oral surgeon!!! Fun, right?!??!? :ymparty:
Married - 38.5 yrs old
LO is married - 32 yrs old
(He lives next door)

I'm a SAHM and indie musician. "My unyielding melancholy brings all the existentialists to the yard"

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:18 pm

WishMagick wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:19 pm
And now it seems that I may be becoming limerent for my oral surgeon!!! Fun, right?!??!? :ymparty:
Noooooooo !!! Don't get sucked down that rabbit hole. Run for the hills! But not outside.

I pray the world heals soon.
Lord give us patience at home in isolation.
Food for the hungry.
Rooms for the homeless.
Company for the lonely.
Calmness for those who are anxious.
And unconditional love for the limerents.
"What we all want, really, is to be loved.
That craving drives our worst behavior." Jodi Picoult
@};-

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:55 am

L-F wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:31 pm

Iddy! You gotta look after your mental health.
I'm TRYING!! lol
Btw beach sounds nice way to spend quarantine. @};-

Maddie

Post by Maddie » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:09 pm

Yes it does sound like a good way! Today is my first day home. Got 2 preschoolers at home. Yeah, don't want any shanking...in all seriousness, it's time I wouldn't otherwise get to spend w them.
40, F
ex-LO, 51 , M
Mental health is an ongoing commitment to reality at all costs-- (M Scott Peck)

NVTS
Fiji

Post by NVTS » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:14 pm

Desperate times call for desperate measures:

I get a haircut about every 3-4 weeks, but due to this crisis all the barber shops are closed. So I asked my daughter to use use my electric trimmer to give me a haircut. She has zero experience in the coiffing arts and boy does my haircut reflect it!🤣😂

I suppose there’s a reason why professional barbers and hairstylists charge so much🤷🏾‍♂️😉
M-47-married
LO- married 48,work colleagues