Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Triggered

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
Max
Great Britain

Triggered

Post by Max » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:23 am

I checked the slack group from the project where I met LO today for the first time in ages. Big mistake.

To my surprise I saw that she'd posted a week or so ago. She put up a pic from her birthday night in Sept.

I'm in it. Was very jarring and very triggering. My blood ran cold as soon as I saw it.

She also posted something lame about memories from the project. She hasn't posted there once in over 4 months.

And now of course my mind is doing the usual crazy backflips. Did she post in some hope of getting my attention?

Why upload a pic of me in it? Surely there are others from that night (with our mutual colleagues in) but not me?

Has she noticed that I de-friended her from facebook?

If she wanted to get in touch, she could simply do so. She hasn't done so.

Then again maybe she feels too embarrassed.

God I hate this shit.

I've had a good few days as well.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: Triggered

Post by JupiterTaco » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:48 am

You could really drive yourself crazy with the whys and wondering what they meant, was it on purpose, meant for me, all that. I've been there. What's a better idea is to figure out what you can learn from it, and accept and deal with your own feelings, and try to focus elsewhere whenever possible.
Own your shadows or they'll own you.

Bettyboo

Re: Triggered

Post by Bettyboo » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:35 am

Hi Max, I understand the triggering all too well. I saw some old photos of my LO and all these feelings came flooding back.

I’m five weeks NC with mine now and I wonder if I’ll ever not be triggered by him. Luckily our paths are unlikely to ever cross again.

Stay positive!! x