Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Are we just limeresque in general?

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
Idiotic

Are we just limeresque in general?

Post by Idiotic » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:16 pm

I've been thinking about something, and perhaps this has come up now and then. It's about our limerent energies, the way limerent people apply themselves to people, and perhaps even other aspects of their lives... For instance , I've been engaged in something new, an intellectual pursuit of sorts ,and recently while 'pursuing' said subject, i felt that familiar pang, that feeling of anger, frustration and deep dissatisfaction, and I was like 'uh oh, i know this feeling well'. These past couple of years have made me a bit self aware and this is of course not the first time I've had this feeling in context of interests , other than people. But my last limerent episodes made me aware of this feeling, this feeling was what made limerence unbearable , and why I was googling love sickness in the middle of the night , a few years back.
Processing through stuff here led me to identify this as 'limerence' . In recent times this feeling was only evoked by people, people I thought would just solve my life, possessing them would fix EVERYTHING.
It's not just people though, it's how I approach everything that moves me , or gives meaning to my life, I want to use it to fill myself up, to end my angst, and when it doesn't do that, cos NOTHING can do that, I feel angry and dissatisfied.
NOTHING CAN SOLVE MY LIFE, or fill me up. I know that. I'm not complaining though, just thinking out loud. This is how I've always related to things , people, different interests.
Just Limerent towards everything.
I don't know what do with this Information, or how to be otherwise, at least I know that THIS new thing that Im after , is not the end to my problems.
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn

WishMagick

Re: Are we just limeresque in general?

Post by WishMagick » Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:57 pm

Is it maybe that our expectations are too high?

I've always known that I have very high and unrealistic expectations about things in general. And that definitely includes relationships (platonic and romantic). Always expecting something to be "the answer" or "the fix" and it comes from a general emptiness inside that can never really seem to be filled?

Is that what you mean? I feel like that. Definitely.
Married - 38.5 yrs old
LO is married - 32 yrs old - lives next door!!!
Recovering. Finally.

I'm a SAHM and indie musician. "My unyielding melancholy brings all the existentialists to the yard"