1 Month Later NC

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
brandon
United States of America

1 Month Later NC

Post by brandon »

I'm functioning well again. I am performing my work duties with better focus and have been interacting with friends and family more.
I still think about LO. There is always that wish she would message me out of the blue. It's not as bad as before.

Because she reciprocated and we had amazing sex, I often think about our sexual escapades. My thoughts are often more lustful instead of "being together". With previous ex's that I no longer had feelings for, I sometimes fantasize about them sexually. Perhaps it's a sign I'll be less emotionally invested in my thoughts.

What I'd like honestly is to free of any thoughts but it's just a matter of time. NC seems to be doing the trick.

Cookie
United States of America

Re: 1 Month Later NC

Post by Cookie »

brandon wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:20 pm
I'm functioning well again. I am performing my work duties with better focus and have been interacting with friends and family more.
I still think about LO. There is always that wish she would message me out of the blue. It's not as bad as before.

Because she reciprocated and we had amazing sex, I often think about our sexual escapades. My thoughts are often more lustful instead of "being together". With previous ex's that I no longer had feelings for, I sometimes fantasize about them sexually. Perhaps it's a sign I'll be less emotionally invested in my thoughts.

What I'd like honestly is to free of any thoughts but it's just a matter of time. NC seems to be doing the trick.
Good on you, Brandon!! :-bd

You are right--it is just a matter of time. I've had those same thoughts with my LOs and figured I was doomed to carry that yearning forever...but it always dissipates after NC.

Keep on looking forward.
Person

Bettyboo

Post by Bettyboo »

Well done!! It’s reassuring to read your update and I’m glad things are getting easier.

Two weeks NC here. I’m struggling massively today. The thoughts of him seem to have reached a peak and I’m desperate for him to get in touch. Things ended very badly and I know he won’t contact me. I can’t wait for the day that I no longer think about him.

brandon
United States of America

Post by brandon »

Bettyboo wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:36 pm
Well done!! It’s reassuring to read your update and I’m glad things are getting easier.

Two weeks NC here. I’m struggling massively today. The thoughts of him seem to have reached a peak and I’m desperate for him to get in touch. Things ended very badly and I know he won’t contact me. I can’t wait for the day that I no longer think about him.
Stay in there! You'll have relapses here and there but it only gets easier. I'm taking a language course as well this weekend to stay busy!

brandon
United States of America

Post by brandon »

Cookie wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:32 pm
brandon wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:20 pm

Good on you, Brandon!! :-bd

You are right--it is just a matter of time. I've had those same thoughts with my LOs and figured I was doomed to carry that yearning forever...but it always dissipates after NC.

Keep on looking forward.
Appreciate it. I keep thinking about that one beer commerical "Stay thirsty my friends" but instead "stay busy my friends"

Bettyboo

Post by Bettyboo »

Thanks Brandon, definitely need to keep busy and away from my phone!!