Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

I need to vent?

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
Yesnomaybeso
Australia

I need to vent?

Post by Yesnomaybeso » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:35 am

My limerence has been pretty under control for a while now, even been able to hang out with my LO without feeling anything. But on the weekend we went out drinking and he kissed me and asked me if I'd like to go out on a date. Since then I can't stop thinking about it and I hate it. We're not close, we don't chat every day or anything like that and he even said i wasn't his first choice. Why does any morsel of attention feel like such a big deal to me? All I ever wanted when i was in the thick of limerence was this and honestly it's made me feel like crap and I'm unsure why.

Acrobatica
France

Re: I need to vent?

Post by Acrobatica » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:01 am

My take is you are evolving beyond him and you are now resonating at different frequencies.

And without knowing anything about your story, I would look into whether you felt like his pass at you was manipulative attention seeking rather than a declaration of actual interest in you.

I think it’s worth sending some time journaling or talking o a therapist to try to figure out why you are having this reaction. And I’m sure this level of reciprocation would send any limerent spinning.

Are you single? Was this a real dating proposal from LO? What is your history with him and how have you seen him treat other women?

Yesnomaybeso
Australia

Re: I need to vent?

Post by Yesnomaybeso » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:54 am

Acrobatica wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:01 am
My take is you are evolving beyond him and you are now resonating at different frequencies.

And without knowing anything about your story, I would look into whether you felt like his pass at you was manipulative attention seeking rather than a declaration of actual interest in you.

I think it’s worth sending some time journaling or talking o a therapist to try to figure out why you are having this reaction. And I’m sure this level of reciprocation would send any limerent spinning.

Are you single? Was this a real dating proposal from LO? What is your history with him and how have you seen him treat other women?
Thanks for your reply. I think you're right. Deep down it feels disingenuous.