Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

When is the line crossed ?

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
limewreck
United States of America

Re: When is the line crossed ?

Post by limewreck » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Hopeless Lomantic wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:17 pm
Yes the call dismissal is shitty but that was such a knee jerk reaction that upon reflecting, it somewhat shows who is more important to me .. there is a definite sense of guilt but if the same scenario happens I think i will still finish my call with LO before returning the call to SO.

What would u guys do ?
I'd probably do the same thing, but it would depend on the circumstances to some degree. I'll almost never hang up on one conversation to answer another, unless I know it's likely to be a priority call or I was wanting to hang up anyway.

Helpmeplease
Great Britain

Post by Helpmeplease » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:02 pm

hl hope you are ok, do you feel you are making progress? You don't want her to know you are crazy about her... She probably has some idea. I am 100pc sure my LO did - how can they not?? Don't you want to not be crazy about her?

Re line being crossed - I think you know it when you do it. When you don't want your SO to know what you said or did, when you keep it secret.

Your two scenarios you mention iny view could easily be fine and within normal friendship bounds but I suspect as you as asking it means a) there was some intent other than platonic friendship and b) you feel it was not ok

If I had said that to my LO would not want my SO to know - 'who are you texting at midnight, why and how come you remember her birthday and none of my family's birthday's?...

On the phone call, I am unlikely to hang up to talk to SO, I would ring her back. But that's in normal life. If on the phone to LO, I would do the same. Just like when you are writing text to LO and your SO texts.

Cookie
United States of America

Post by Cookie » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:34 am

limewreck wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:00 pm
Cookie wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:16 pm
And what's wrong with a half-naked friendship cuddle? :)
I'm sure your comment was tongue-in-cheek, but in some ways it illuminates the point.
Oh wow, yeah -- sorry. That was about as sarcastic as it could be. It's how I've survived in dealing with a lot of this.

And is it me, or does the phrase "half-naked friendship cuddle" sound more and more awkward each time you say it?
Person