Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Eye intimacy

For those not quite ready to start looking at their limerence as a condition that needs working on.
ACCESS TO THIS SUB-FORUM IS FOR REGISTERED USERS ONLY
L-F
United States of America

Re: Eye intimacy

Post by L-F » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:03 pm

I totally hear you though. I don't know how to navigate this eye thing.
Last edited by L-F on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What we all want, really, is to be loved.
That craving drives our worst behavior." Jodi Picoult
@};-

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:04 pm

Idiotic wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:02 pm

Level 7 bebeh B-) =))

b-(
:x
@};-

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:08 pm

L-F wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:03 pm

Do you know I even tried doing the double look thing in the supermarket?
Woah Did it work!!?
Are you sure you want to try new romance at the supermarket, people are too tired over there.

I would NEVER try anything like that, I mean it's one thing to happen automatically. But doing it on purpose requires zen mind control
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:00 pm

Idiotic wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:08 pm
L-F wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:03 pm

Do you know I even tried doing the double look thing in the supermarket?
Woah Did it work!!?
Are you sure you want to try new romance at the supermarket, people are too tired over there.

I would NEVER try anything like that, I mean it's one thing to happen automatically. But doing it on purpose requires zen mind control
The more tired the better. Less chance of being poked in the eye and told to keep a minimum of ten feet. But yes, it did work! Except, what do you do with it? I did it to experiment of course, and some people would smile. That was all. I mean I could have taken it further by winking back :-??
But in all seriousness, it did work on a few except I probably unconsciously chose the ones just as timid as me, so you know, nothing was going to happen. And if I was approached, I knew I'd have to suffer the consequences and just me nice I guess. As in a nice 'hi, nice weather isn't it kind of conversation. Not a 'yay I've hooked you, now what?'
@};-

John

Post by John » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:21 pm

I had an eye contact experience with my wife's best friend while seated at a table about three feet from her. She was talking and we locked eyes and I zoned out, not even paying attention to what she was saying but staring into her eyes and I felt a spiritual connection, like an optical data transfer of some sort that just stunned me. I sense that she felt it too, and that there was some communication happening on another level beyond verbal. This might have been what's described above as a "level 8" experience but I believe it was unintentional on both sides.

peter.rabbit
United States of America

Post by peter.rabbit » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:40 pm

I love these eye intimacy discussions, eye f*cking or eye flirting is fun! Back in the '90s when I was single I'd play "hide n' seek" with some eligible looking lady, taking a peek, going from one isle to another trying to catch another peek. The best times is when we would each catch each other peeking, and break out in a laugh! ;) ;) ;) ;)
Married.
In LE with married LO :-\

WishMagick

Post by WishMagick » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:41 pm

Eye contact, or lack thereof has been such a HUGE part of my limerence. I mean, fueling it, in general. Because I pay so much attention to it.

LO started off with the -1 and progressed through the list with every interaction (from -1 to 1, 2, 3, etc).
And it escalated all the way to 7 when we were playing a card game.

Because he started at -1, the moment when he went to 7, I was taken aback (and was not able to maintain eye contact the entire time!!) But his eyes stayed on me accompanied by a flirty smile!

He hasn't done that since then. He's gone back to -1 through maybe 4?

The roller-coaster of emotions I experience with him is all based on the eye contact. Oh yeah and his inconsistent behavior....that also doesn't match his words 8-|
Married - 38.5 yrs old
LO is married - 32 yrs old - lives next door!!!
Semi-LC. Slowly recovering.

I'm a SAHM and indie musician. "My unyielding melancholy brings all the existentialists to the yard"

marko
United States of America

Post by marko » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:28 pm

Mostly 9, I can't even "eye" someone correctly, is the there such a thing as premature eyeing?