Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Gearing up to Unfriend on Facebook

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
Angel
United States of America

Re: Gearing up to Unfriend on Facebook

Post by Angel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:54 pm

peter.rabbit wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:58 pm
Social media WILL drive a perfectly sane and well adjusted person crazy, Heaven help those of us that have issues such as Limerence. :|
Yeah, when I said my phone was “safe”? Well, LO still finds a way through - work email, and then through a mutual friend.

The only way I have been able to stay firm in the NC is because I have people keeping me accountable. It was my SO, but I brought in reinforcements last night with my two closest friends. If Limerence is a person addiction, this is serious detox, and I am really struggling.

daydreamer

Post by daydreamer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:12 pm

Angel wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:54 pm
Well, LO still finds a way through - work email, and then through a mutual friend.
this is why, IMHO, it's important for the LO to understand the NC part.
I'm limerence free and I'm not afraid of it anymore. I learn something new about myself and life everyday. There is hope and so much more. NC works. Be free, be happy! In retrospect, the LE was about the best thing that happened in my life.

Angel
United States of America

Post by Angel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:35 pm

daydreamer wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:12 pm
this is why, IMHO, it's important for the LO to understand the NC part.
I thought I made it clear, when I wrote an email - “DO NOT CONTACT ME - I am blocking you, removing WhatsApp (our main form of contact), And getting rid of our email account.”

My first email discussing my need to have a break, he sent 6 emails the next day. And my second was not at all unclear. I’m also his LO, so I understand his desperation. I’m sure if it were the other way around, I’d be finding ways to contact him. I tried to talk about limerence with LO, but he responded that he had loved me for three years (before disclosing) and his feelings weren’t going to change.

This has been so painful, but it was more for my sanity, and in the long run, for his too.

daydreamer

Post by daydreamer » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:43 pm

OK, that explains that well.
I'm limerence free and I'm not afraid of it anymore. I learn something new about myself and life everyday. There is hope and so much more. NC works. Be free, be happy! In retrospect, the LE was about the best thing that happened in my life.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:59 am

What a tough situation. Sending good vibes, I know it's not easy. :)
F.E.A.R-Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything And Rise