Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

feeling good about progress

Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel. Or maybe life is never the same after limerence. Read how others have coped with limerence in the longer term. Please feel free to post your own accounts of journeying through limerence.
Anna
Canada

feeling good about progress

Post by Anna » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:52 am

Just a short note to say that I have been progressing further. Limerence started 3 years ago and has been a very sticky substance like super-glue...
but in the past months things have improved dramatically. I don't want to call myself healed yet, since I still have to deal with some issues with my childhood and parents, but I feel that I am 75 to 80% there.

A recent incident showed me how much better I can handle things: last week was my birthday and the very first person to send me a note was ex LO.
At first I felt flattered and excited and then this excitement ebbed away quite quickly. I mean I totally forgot about it within one day. In previous years this would have set in motion a whole cascade of crazy feelings which would have lasted for weeks, and now it's just...yup.. he sent me a birthday wish, so did many others.... get on with life.

JohnDeux

Re: feeling good about progress

Post by JohnDeux » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:00 am

Congrats on this milestone, Anna. These are the little signs of forward movement that we need to stop and acknowledge, remembering how different the reaction is from our earlier feelings which often seemed like we could not live without LO. Continued strength your way..... :-bd
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz

Anna
Canada

Post by Anna » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:58 am

Thank you John!

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:08 am

:-bd :-bd :-bd
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For Relationship Coaching help see www.loverelations.co.uk
For Individual Coaching and Mentoring see www.drdavidperl.com

Pattihopeful

Post by Pattihopeful » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:40 am

That is ecouraging! Did you go NC? What were the biggest factors in your healing?

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:14 pm

Awesome progress Anna @};-
Have conquered limerence. I'm no expert but have learnt enough to know where to look for answers.
Limerence Net helped to heal my heart which led to forgiving my abusers ❤

Anna
Canada

Post by Anna » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:34 am

Pattihopeful wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:40 am
That is ecouraging! Did you go NC? What were the biggest factors in your healing?
It's hard to say, probably a combination of a lot of things: time, self-reflection, LC, NC, EC ( extreme contact - spending a vacation/holiday with him , getting to know him better and finding the flaws) , a lot of time on this forum, an interest in self-healing, working on my self-worth, spriritual aspects of life , a divorce ..