Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

“The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes.”

A tough thing to do - the pros and cons
Spinnaker
United States of America

“The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes.”

Post by Spinnaker » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:39 pm

... (Nietzsche)

One needs to be aware that as one directs their attention at the phase of your journey, where you go no contact that the proverbial realm of chaos and danger lurks in the shadows of one’s hidden self....

Striving for noticing when one is tapping into awareness is key. Contemplate and share on the forum mini milestones of bringing your unconscious into your current aware state. Acknowledge your hard work and know that when one is sacrificing an old way of being they are likely to discover and FEEL the emptiness and pain. Pulling away during no contact will hurt and your brain seeks out anything to fill the void. You are still in control. Know that.

Some psychologists suggest that psychological rebirth only differs from a psychological breakdown by the end result. To lessen the risk of feeling like your life is unraveling or god forbid an actual breakdown, take charge of one’s circumstances as best you can. So rather than being that passive observer who feels helpless and pulled different directions by forces beyond your control, be your own hero. Realize you are human. When you slip, get back on the horse and on keeping on the next day. Combat the negative feelings of slipping up and shame with kindness to yourself. Post on the forum. Share your suffering and support others who are going through the same struggles. Be your own friend and acknowledge how far you’ve come.

I’m a true believer in setting the mind to short term daily and some time hourly goals when you are feeling that pull or void. Fill it with something good for you, safe and obviously not something you’ll regret to quench your thirst and fill your cup with alternative sources for feeling satisfied and free from the chains of addictive thoughts.

Sacrifice is a necessity to make room for the emergence of self.

“Sacrifice always means the renunciation of a valuable part of oneself, and through it the sacrificer escapes being devoured.”

Carl Jung
“We are tied in a single garment of destiny. What affects one directly affects everyone indirectly”.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Helpmeplease
Great Britain

Re: “The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes.”

Post by Helpmeplease » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:02 pm

Thank you for this post Spin

Some days are harder than others and the messages in here are important, it's good for me to read them today. Hurting but in control is way better than not being in control.

I agree. Short term goals. Small steps go a long way.

daydreamer

Post by daydreamer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:09 pm

Helpmeplease wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:02 pm
Thank you for this post Spin
+1
I'm limerence free and I'm not afraid of it anymore. I learn something new about myself and life everyday. There is hope and so much more. NC works. Be free, be happy! In retrospect, the LE was about the best thing that happened in my life.

Pattihopeful

Post by Pattihopeful » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:36 pm

Thank you, Spin for this post. I have went back to contacting LO and am in the crazy cycle again. I need to not this let this define me. I like the idea of short term goals.

Sunflower
Great Britain

Post by Sunflower » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:33 pm

What a great post! Thank you.

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:15 pm

💜
Have conquered limerence. I'm no expert but have learnt enough to know where to look for answers.
Limerence Net helped to heal my heart which led to forgiving my abusers ❤

Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:19 am

Thanks PH, L-F, DD, HMP and Sunflower!

Here’s a short Eckhart Tolle video somewhat related. His videos were the impetus enabling me to break through years of mental blocks which were holding me back from awareness and living in the moment.

“We are tied in a single garment of destiny. What affects one directly affects everyone indirectly”.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.