Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Limerence and Marriage

For the lurkers here who want to participate as anonymous users. You can post or add here without the need to register first.
Forum rules
Whilst this is an open forum where guests can post, we still ask you to be respectful of the views expressed by others. The regular forum rules apply here as well and any posts deemed offensive or inappropriate will be deleted.
NewDay

Limerence and Marriage

Post by NewDay » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:01 am

For those of you who are/were married, how did limerence impact your relationship with your SO? My SO has been somewhat aware of what happened, but he tho is I put it to rest a long time ago which isn’t the case. How have you balanced your irrational limerent feelings with your rational love of your SO?

incognito

Re: Limerence and Marriage

Post by incognito » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:41 am

Same here with the SO thinking it's over. It's a mixed bag. While it distracts me from the SO some, I'm also a better person and growing emotionally and otherwise. Initially, the ENR with LO reinvigorated the marriage, physically and emotionally. There are still some after effects over a year later.

l'inconnue

Post by l'inconnue » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:30 pm

It broke up my first marriage. I was open with her from the start, expecting that as time went on the previous feelings would diminish but after a few years she just gave up on me. Ten years later, when I married again, I said nothing and to this day, 30yrs on, she's only vaguely aware of the person as one amongst many people in my old photographs. Its worked but at some considerable mental cost to me.

daydreamer

Post by daydreamer » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:43 pm

I'm limerence free and I'm not afraid of it anymore. I learn something new about myself and life everyday. There is hope and so much more. NC works. Be free, be happy! In retrospect, the LE was about the best thing that happened in my life.