Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Fricking Perfect

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
MrSpock

Re: Fricking Perfect

Post by MrSpock » Sat May 18, 2019 12:00 am

mamasita wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:37 pm
Like you told me, what you want for HER has to be more than what you want FROM her.
Yes, yes and yes! Though I still need to keep telling myself that. It became like religious chanting every time I'm about to step into class.

And that's why it bothers me so much when I found myself doing the exact opposite.

Too bad that tearing out my amygdala would turn me into an amoeba, LOL :) that would be one definite solution to this addiction :))

AMA210
United States of America

Re: Fricking Perfect

Post by AMA210 » Sun May 19, 2019 3:18 pm

I say if you think she is perfect, then so be it.
The more we tell ourselves that they are not, the more our mind wants to believe it.
Accept it.

Perhaps a figment of my imagination, but I recall one time, seeing LO with his black jacket and stone washed jeans, standing there, and I saw golden sunshine rays coming down and resting on him, and I was like, ahhh, the perfect man. Realistically speaking, more like a man with so many shadows and imperfections, but to my eyes, he represents perfection.

On a transient note, I have seen him in his "looks like shit" depressed mode many times. Brings him down to a human level again.
LE was 22 months...LO catalyst for awakening, in which I chose divorce (after 27 years of marriage)
Very happy and content with my new beginning