Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Fricking Perfect

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
MrSpock
Argentina

Re: Fricking Perfect

Post by MrSpock » Sat May 18, 2019 12:00 am

mamasita wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:37 pm
Like you told me, what you want for HER has to be more than what you want FROM her.
Yes, yes and yes! Though I still need to keep telling myself that. It became like religious chanting every time I'm about to step into class.

And that's why it bothers me so much when I found myself doing the exact opposite.

Too bad that tearing out my amygdala would turn me into an amoeba, LOL :) that would be one definite solution to this addiction :))

AMA210
United States of America

Post by AMA210 » Sun May 19, 2019 3:18 pm

I say if you think she is perfect, then so be it.
The more we tell ourselves that they are not, the more our mind wants to believe it.
Accept it.

Perhaps a figment of my imagination, but I recall one time, seeing LO with his black jacket and stone washed jeans, standing there, and I saw golden sunshine rays coming down and resting on him, and I was like, ahhh, the perfect man. Realistically speaking, more like a man with so many shadows and imperfections, but to my eyes, he represents perfection.

On a transient note, I have seen him in his "looks like shit" depressed mode many times. Brings him down to a human level again.
LE was 22 months...LO catalyst for awakening, in which I chose divorce (after 27 years of marriage)
Very happy and content with my new beginning

MrSpock
Argentina

Post by MrSpock » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:57 pm

Hi AMA,

Sorry I couldn't respond before...
AMA210 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:18 pm
I say if you think she is perfect, then so be it.
The more we tell ourselves that they are not, the more our mind wants to believe it.
Accept it.

Perhaps a figment of my imagination, but I recall one time, seeing LO with his black jacket and stone washed jeans, standing there, and I saw golden sunshine rays coming down and resting on him, and I was like, ahhh, the perfect man. Realistically speaking, more like a man with so many shadows and imperfections, but to my eyes, he represents perfection.

On a transient note, I have seen him in his "looks like shit" depressed mode many times. Brings him down to a human level again.
That's a good point. Fighting it only makes it stronger :)

How are you doing?

AMA210
United States of America

Post by AMA210 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:01 am

Thanks for the response.
Similar to trying to convince yourself that you hate that cake from that one bakery--it's the perfect slice, but trying to convince ourselves that it is not makes us want it even more. :D

Been doing very well these days...settled in my new place, peaceful, surrounded by nature, trees and birds, have no TV.
Enjoy my job, very fast paced and unpredictable, challenging and fulfilling, am truly being my authentic self and shining my light in the world. My daughter is having a tough time with all of the changes--lots of resentment and anger towards me and EX, but will be doing therapy in a few weeks. Thanks for asking. :-*
LE was 22 months...LO catalyst for awakening, in which I chose divorce (after 27 years of marriage)
Very happy and content with my new beginning

tnthomas

Post by tnthomas » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:39 am

daydreamer wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:43 pm
what would happen to your family if you decided to fully pursue the LO. imagine a broken family, unhappy kids, ruined finances and eventually the LO meets a...
I did this back in the early '90s, in some ways still paying the price.

I should write a "my story" post and get everything out all at once. I just don't want my wife walking up behind me while I'm writing...
...looking for the way out.

MrSpock
Argentina

Post by MrSpock » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:23 pm

AMA210 wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:01 am
My daughter is having a tough time with all of the changes--lots of resentment and anger towards me and EX, but will be doing therapy in a few weeks. Thanks for asking. :-*
Is awesome that you're doing great!

That your daughter has a lot of resentment, is sad but understandable and even to be expected. It'll take time, but she will come around, specially once she had experienced first hand the reality of serious long term intimate relationships, how difficult hey are and how somewhat "normal" it is for many of them to come to an end.