Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Pain spiral

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
Yesnomaybeso

Pain spiral

Post by Yesnomaybeso » Tue May 14, 2019 6:14 am

This LE is definitely coming to a close yet I keep on getting into what I can only describe as a pain spiral. I feel ok then all of a sudden I feel depressed, cry and go lay on my bed in the darkness. Ok I get that limerence was never about LO but when I feel like I’ve gone through my childhood and dealt with it all this happens and I’m left wondering how many times must I feel this way until I heal? My childhood wasn’t even that horrible but therapy has definitely opened up a can of worms. I’m thankful that I’ve finally woken up, and will wake up even further but I’m also lonely, loneliest I’ve felt in a long time and I have no clue how to fix it because I know that people aren’t the answer. I know I can get through the pain but it just feels too much sometimes, I have things I have to do and doing nothing for a couple days really puts me back.

daydreamer

Re: Pain spiral

Post by daydreamer » Tue May 14, 2019 4:01 pm

i feel for you. i still struggle with unresolved issues and only recently realized my irrational behavior in some areas of my life that i was in a complete denial about.
i'm reading a book about complex PTSD and a lot of that matches my issues. see if you can get it in your local library, if not, let me know if you need a link for a free download.

here is the full title:
Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving: A Guide and Map for Recovering from Childhood Trauma Paperback – December 13, 2013
by Pete Walker (Author)

mamasita

Re: Pain spiral

Post by mamasita » Tue May 14, 2019 4:07 pm

YesNo
Yes, this is a hard part of the process. Each day brings new insights...at first, and then you settle in to the depths of your soul. Its painful there. Your first inclination may be to run from the pain or shut it down, or distract with limerence or other habits. Try to sit with it. Accept it all, good, bad, ugly. You are okay just the way you are. You will survive limerence and continue to wake up. Stay on the path to your healing! :ymhug: