Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

And so it goes...

Introduce yourself and share your story. What has been your experience with limerence?
kingdomkeys89

And so it goes...

Post by kingdomkeys89 »

Hello everyone. I recently stumbled across the definition of "limerence" and realized how it fit the situation I'm in now.
I developed what I thought was a crush on an acquaintance. But it quickly spiraled and became more. I truly thought he was interested in me until I found out he was engaged (he didn't tell me himself). Our friendship has grown and he has really been there for me through some of the hardest times in my life. I want to just be his friend, but my mind won't let go of the possibility of more. And I feel so stuck. So here I am.

NVTS
Fiji

Re: And so it goes...

Post by NVTS »

Welcome kk89,

We’ve all been there! Keep reading and posting, just understand that you’re in for the long haul, up and down and all around; but we’re here for you.
When all else fails;
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

EligereAdEsseBeatus

Re: And so it goes...

Post by EligereAdEsseBeatus »

Sorry you didn't get many replies earlier.. I hope you were able to learn what you needed to from this blog and the stories of others to get out of your situation. If you have not heard this already, with almost every case of limerence, it is going to be very hard to end without no contact. I know you want to be friends with your LO, but at least until you have ended your limerence, that will have to wait. It sounds like they will understand if you have to avoid them as much as possible for a few months, and you may not even have to disclose to them your feelings for them to understand this. In the meantime, you must look to other areas in your life to fulfill the void. Even if you are able to end this LE, those holes in your motivation, goals, happiness, etc. will not fill themselves. Good luck!
M18, thinking about going into psychology/therapy.

Quick overview of my 1 previous LE:
-Almost out, several months into NC
-Lasted approx 1 year
-Neither self nor LO in relationship
-Disclosed while in NC
-No reciprocation did not end LE