Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

A gem of a quote from Mr. Jung

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

A gem of a quote from Mr. Jung

Post by David » Tue May 07, 2019 9:33 am

I came across this today whilst reading an article on the ManKind project. Some of you may know of my involvement with this charity. Many of my male clients have been on the Adventure weekend and all but one have gained significant insights.

‘There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own Soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.’ Carl Jung

Reminds me of how many people we see that do exactly this - avoid at all costs facing their own soul. And how we make our LO's figures of light :-o

For those interested in the full version of the article (Id recommend all men read it) - it is hopefully appearing just below :)
027_CG.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For Relationship Coaching help see www.loverelations.co.uk
For Individual Coaching and Mentoring see www.drdavidperl.com

marko
United States of America

Re: A gem of a quote from Mr. Jung

Post by marko » Tue May 07, 2019 3:56 pm

I saw what was in there, but brushed it off, it kept whispering to take a real peek. It's truth and a liar, but I believed the lie.

Yesnomaybeso
Australia

Re: A gem of a quote from Mr. Jung

Post by Yesnomaybeso » Thu May 09, 2019 2:35 am

Great quote. If it wasn't for this forum I would have never known about Carl Jung.