Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:11 pm
I sort of have an idea about projections but wanted to know what it has to do with limerence? So did I just basically make up things about my LO? Assumed that they were this and that when really that’s what I wanted to see? I’m trying to figure out the projections I put on LO because I assume it would teach me about myself but I’m sort of finding it hard to figure it out.
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:55 am
Yesnomaybeso wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:19 am
So did I just basically make up things about my LO? Assumed that they were this and that when really that’s what I wanted to see?
Yes and yes.
Its difficult to comprehend to start with.
Yes LOs (in general) do play a part, HOWEVER, our job is to own OUR projections and disassociate from theirs.
The trick here is to recognize what is ours and what is not.
Last edited by L-F
on Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have conquered limerence.
I'm no expert, but have learnt enough to know where to look for answers.
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:23 am
This is a good article about it:
https://thoughtcatalog.com/brianna-wies ... r-reality/
13. If you were to cease making all effort in the relationship, what would become of it? If the answer is nothing, it means that you aren’t in a relationship, you’re in a hall of mirrors in which you are projecting onto a bystander everything you want in a partner.
- Posts: 1417
- Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:20 pm
Just about 100% of what you think about this person and your life with LO is a projection. Oh, and the same for yourself as you see yourself wearing this new self costume. I actually thought I was one of the cool group for a year.
- Posts: 2111
- Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:25 am
“We are tied in a single garment of destiny. What affects one directly affects everyone indirectly”.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests