Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

My Story

Tell us your story. What has been your experience?
Anonymous Limerent

My Story

Post by Anonymous Limerent » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:13 pm

My coup de foudre happened in a science lesson on Wednesday 4th July 2018 at about 15:10. My future LO called for me from across the room to ask if the coach that had just pulled up in the school yard was her coach. The instant she spoke to me, I felt a surge of passionate feelings like an electric shock volting through my entirety(the encounter was brief yet extremely potent). While she asked me, we made eye contact, which was probably the trigger. I sweat a little, and was overwhelmed due to my not having felt anything like it before.
The period after the coup was the six weeks holidays, so I hadn’t yet been able to have my mind plagued with thoughts of LO and I hadn’t started my infatuation yet. Had I been still at school, it would’ve been the perfect time to go NC, but it my not knowing about limerence, I got back to school and didn’t make any attempt of it.
The first day I was close to her, I sweat a lot and was very nervous. That night, I didn’t sleep for 4.5 hours and dreamed of her for the remainder of the night. Through the holidays, I’d increasingly thought about her more and more and, without knowing it, I’d become infatuated with her. By the time I realised it, it was too late.
The way everyone is describing the coup de foudre, they seem to imply a sudden wave of limerence. However, this didn’t happen for me. I gradually became limerent after the initial coup.
Now I’m in the crystallisation phase (I think) on day #258 of LE#1. Hope it gets better soon! =:)
AL =:)

Pudding
Canada

Re: My Story

Post by Pudding » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:12 pm

Anonymous Limerent wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:13 pm
The way everyone is describing the coup de foudre, they seem to imply a sudden wave of limerence. However, this didn’t happen for me. I gradually became limerent after the initial coup.
My coup de foudre was similar to yours. It was the start of a gradual descent into limerence, not an immediate jump right in deep.
F 38
LO is M 37, my son’s former teacher
LC beyond my control ~x(
LE began in the fall of 2015

Anonymous Limerent

Post by Anonymous Limerent » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:34 pm

Which LE was that?

Also, coups de foudre don't happen to everyone; what type of person are you (four-letter personality if you know it)? I'm trying to find some trend.
AL =:)

Pudding
Canada

Post by Pudding » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:36 pm

I’m ISFJ-T and it’s so me it’s scary.
I’ve only had one LE, thank God.
F 38
LO is M 37, my son’s former teacher
LC beyond my control ~x(
LE began in the fall of 2015

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:14 pm

It took me 12 months to fall limerent. And many years to get over it.
Have conquered limerence.
I'm no expert, but have learnt enough to know where to look for answers.

daydreamer

Post by daydreamer » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:43 pm

mine was with my now SO, 32 years ago. neither of my later 2 LEs had that, it was more gradual as we got to know each other.
I'm INTP-T.

Cookie
United States of America

Post by Cookie » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:56 pm

I pushed back hard initially with every approach, then gave in to the sexual attraction (love bombing). The limerence followed like a tidal wave, nearly drowning me each time.
Female, age 53
Limerent for as long as I can remember
Have had 7 or so LOs in the last 25 years
...all reciprocated (don't wish for it)
Getting better and owning my life again!