Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

I’m confused about where I am on this limerence journey

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
Yesnomaybeso

I’m confused about where I am on this limerence journey

Post by Yesnomaybeso » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:34 am

I thought it was close to over but now I’m not so sure. I messaged them the other day because I felt lesss of a pull. They actually bored me talking about their work and a trip they were going on. In fact I felt little to no interest in what they had to say, they kinda came across as self involved, making me question if I even want to be friends. While this sounds good there’s still something stopping me from fully moving on from this. I still get something from thinking about them. I know I could hang out with them and not get that emotional pang yet the fact I’m still thinking about them is a bad sign. Part of me wants to keep talking to them so I keep seeing how friggen normal and boring they are in hopes that I move on. Am I nearly over this of is it just in limbo?

daydreamer

Re: I’m confused about where I am on this limerence journey

Post by daydreamer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:44 am

i'm at least 95% limerance free, but still think about her many times a day. which is not bad, because the thoughts are not emotionally charged as they used to be. and it's not because we are friends. i still think about my previous LO from 20 years ago and I didn't hear from her since.
this will stay with you forever.

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:53 am

The sooner we learn it is not about them, the sooner we heal.
Have conquered limerence.
I'm no expert, but have learnt enough to know where to look for answers.

NVTS
Fiji

Post by NVTS » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:55 am

One thing I’ve learned since this latest LE is that to “expect the unexpected”.

Every time I think I’ve made progress or a breakthrough, some other shit happens which throws me for loop!

I can say that I think that I’m closer to peace with limerence in general, and as painful as this journey has been I have lot of answers to my personal issues and battles in life and I’m glad that this happened. I wouldn’t have typed that 12-18 months ago.

Just try to “enjoy” the ride and the revelations it brings.
M-47-married
LO- married 48,work colleagues

Yesnomaybeso

Post by Yesnomaybeso » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:35 am

L-F wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:53 am
The sooner we learn it is not about them, the sooner we heal.
I know this yet still it lingers.

Yesnomaybeso

Post by Yesnomaybeso » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:37 am

NVTS wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:55 am
One thing I’ve learned since this latest LE is that to “expect the unexpected”.

Every time I think I’ve made progress or a breakthrough, some other shit happens which throws me for loop!

I can say that I think that I’m closer to peace with limerence in general, and as painful as this journey has been I have lot of answers to my personal issues and battles in life and I’m glad that this happened. I wouldn’t have typed that 12-18 months ago.

Just try to “enjoy” the ride and the revelations it brings.
Yeah you're totally right. If we just learn to enjoy the ride we won't keep trying to avoid it and then eventually it will pass fully.

marko
United States of America

Post by marko » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:31 pm

It helps when you figure out what's wrong with you and what they did for you, and what's going on now that they don't do anything for you. Sometimes you need less of it to self medicate and then you feel better, but in reality you've just distracted in another way, and surprise it comes back. The self voice that they are not "all that" is a good step as you are looking with your eyes open a bit.

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:58 am

marko wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:31 pm
The self voice that they are not "all that" is a good step as you are looking with your eyes open a bit.
Once you take back all your projections. Like all of them. As in truly KNOW its about you not them, then you will have your eyes open a lot.

But like Marko said. It's a step in the right direction! Yeeesssss! Wtg!
Have conquered limerence.
I'm no expert, but have learnt enough to know where to look for answers.