Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Triggers

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
Whatwasithinking

Triggers

Post by Whatwasithinking » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:08 am

Howdy y'all. I was reflecting today on all of the triggers in my daily life which can remind me of my former LO. There are the usual culprits - certain songs (I've since removed many from my playlists), driving by restaurants where we would meet (I now take different routes when I can), etc. I even came across a printed email today and looked at the date on it. It made me think back on what was it that she and I were doing on that date? Were we happy together then? Did we do anything special on that day? Have breakfast together? Pick her up from work? Make love?

I've tried to remove as many triggers as I can but obviously I can't remove them all...What triggers do you have? How do you cope with them?

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: Triggers

Post by JupiterTaco » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:51 pm

I've been out of limerence for awhile, but it was tough when I was dealing with it. Part of the problem was LO had a really popular vehicle, so I'd see them out and about and it was a constant trigger. That just took time to get over. Eventually I was able to get myself to see that the likelihood of seeing LO in his car where I lived was unlikely or at least very small. Songs could be another trigger, but time and learning to associate songs with something else can help. He also had a popular name and among many things, I saw it sprayed on buildings, on license plates, etc. These things just go on I guess. :D
"Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job."-Morticia Addams