Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

people with narcissistic traits get attracted to each other?

Discuss your experiences about narcissism and relationships with narcissists here.
daydreamer

Re: people with narcissistic traits get attracted to each other?

Post by daydreamer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:15 pm

L-F wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:22 am
In short, I was completely and utterly blindsided by LOs narcissism, fell in love with it. Her charisma, etc.
this confused me, but i understand now.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:53 pm

That does happen but I think it was on here that I read, two narcissists can't have a sustainable relationship because one always needs to be front/center all the time. Are there examples of couples who can do this and stay together? Maybe, but generally one partner ends up putting their own needs/etc. on the back burner in favor of the stronger or whatever narcissist.
Seen online: "My last crush told me she didn't want to date me because I'm terrible in the sex department. Apparently it's illegal to break dildos so I'm no longer allowed in the store."

JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:13 am

JupiterTaco wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:53 pm
That does happen but I think it was on here that I read, two narcissists can't have a sustainable relationship because one always needs to be front/center all the time. Are there examples of couples who can do this and stay together? Maybe, but generally one partner ends up putting their own needs/etc. on the back burner in favor of the stronger or whatever narcissist.
I would agree that this would be the end result. In keeping with this, narcissists and borderlines are a rather common pairing: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ll-in-love
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:59 pm

JohnDeux wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:13 am
JupiterTaco wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:53 pm
I would agree that this would be the end result. In keeping with this, narcissists and borderlines are a rather common pairing: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... ll-in-love
You're right, they're like the perfect storm of united dysfunction.
Seen online: "My last crush told me she didn't want to date me because I'm terrible in the sex department. Apparently it's illegal to break dildos so I'm no longer allowed in the store."

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:28 am

Either both people have the same trait, or if someone projects upon us we have to be of a vibrational match to that experience, meaning... that the experience of being projected upon is also reflecting something that is denied within ourselves - Jungian philosophy
Have conquered limerence.
I'm no expert, but have learnt enough to know where to look for answers.