Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Memes

Want get to know each other outside of limerence? Here is an area for jokes, general chat, reflections in general or whatever else floats your boat.
Spinnaker
United States of America

Re: Memes

Post by Spinnaker » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:00 pm

“We doubt in others, what is in fact in ourselves. The skeletons in your own closet are the things that scare you the most about others; people who come from a background of lying are suspicious of lying in others and so on and so forth. The most trusting of people, are not people who have never been betrayed or who have never felt pain; but the most trusting of people are those who in themselves do not find those things worthy of that blame. We see the world through the eyes of the condition of our own souls.”

C. JoyBell C.
“We are tied in a single garment of destiny. What affects one directly affects everyone indirectly”.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:15 am

Love these
"I can't be held responsible, she fell in love in the first place"-The Freshmen-The Verve Pipe

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:44 am

If our feelings clash with our perceptions and we cannot breathe anymore, below the leaden sky of a harsh reality, we have to kill the dormant virus of lassitude, punch the air and propel us on a new course, taking back a genuine interest in the world, and create an open space to overcome the impairment of emotional thinking. -( "No monsters hide at this point" )
Erik Pevernagie
If only we'd sit with the void too... then perhaps we won't need to fill it once we get over the fear of its existence. L-F

Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:26 pm

“ A healthy man does not torture others - generally it is the tortured who turn into torturers.”

Carl Jung

“We lie loudest when we lie to ourselves.”

Eric Hoffer
“We are tied in a single garment of destiny. What affects one directly affects everyone indirectly”.

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:16 am

I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her name was grief.
If only we'd sit with the void too... then perhaps we won't need to fill it once we get over the fear of its existence. L-F

Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:02 pm

It is not lies or a lack of loyalty that ends a relationship. It is the agonizing truth that one person feels in their heart on a daily basis. It is realizing that you are coping and not living. It is the false belief that there is a verse, quote, phrase or talk that will magically make you feel content, complete or not care. However, it doesn’t last longer than a few days, before your mind and heart goes back to what it wants. It is the moment you realize that you left without ever leaving. It is the moment you realize that fear, shame or guilt is the only thing standing in the way of the life God meant for you to live.” – Shannon L. Alder

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:53 am

Be with someone who motivates you to do better in life because relationships are more than just falling in love. It's about inspiring each other to become better versions of yourselves day in and day out.

Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:10 pm

^:)^

So true!

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:28 am

"To be honest, I often feel I have nothing interesting to say" said the fox 🦊
"Being honest is always interesting" said the horse 🐴

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:21 am

There's so much of my past self that I don't resonate with anymore, but I love her just the same. She was growing. She was doing her best. She fought hard to get me here.
L-F