Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Stupid, Lame, Crazy and other Feelings

For the lurkers here who want to participate as anonymous users. You can post or add here without the need to register first.
Forum rules
Whilst this is an open forum where guests can post, we still ask you to be respectful of the views expressed by others. The regular forum rules apply here as well and any posts deemed offensive or inappropriate will be deleted.
FreeBird

Re: Stupid, Lame, Crazy and other Feelings

Post by FreeBird » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:38 am

Can'tSleep wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:01 pm
Limerence over someone I don't even really know makes me feel like I am in 7th grade and I am pining over the cute, popular kid in class who I sit right next to but who doesn't even know I exist. I feel like the awkward teenager who tries to steal glances at my crush without them noticing because I am too insecure and have absolutely no confidence in my weird, 13-year-old self. I feel like a nervous wreck when my "crush" comes anywhere near me and I would love to talk to them but I can barely remember my name.
I was that 13 year-old and unfortunately the limertrance lasted a couple of decades on the same person. You are not alone. Hope you can get proper rest soon, Can'tSleep.
Mayberry:Gateway to danger :ymcowboy:

Shadow
United States of America

Post by Shadow » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:03 am

I’m glad you’re feeling better. I can relate to everything you said. It really sucks.

Matty5000
Canada

Post by Matty5000 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:12 pm

I think a lot of us can relate to what you posted. Limerence has a funny way of affecting us. My mind would race, my heart would feel like it was going to shoot out of my chest. The walls felt like they were caving in and my Fight or Flight instinct would kick in. Run!! lol
Thanks for sharing and welcome to the site :)
Other people make excellent mirrors.
Male: 35

Can'tSleep

Post by Can'tSleep » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:40 pm

Thanks everyone! It helps to know that people can relate even though I wish you couldn't since it sucks so bad, lol. Also an update, I happened to come across a picture of my LO and his SO on the Instagram search page. I didn't click on it or anything but there it was. As I stated in a previous post I really don't have much self esteem. People tell me I'm attractive and my self-image has improved over the years. However, seeing him with his SO made me feel like a gremlin :'D :'D :'D

That is all for now.

Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:00 am

Facing reality is not easy. We’ve all been there.
“We are tied in a single garment of destiny. What affects one directly affects everyone indirectly”.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Can'tSleep

Post by Can'tSleep » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:19 am

Saturday night musings -

Life is way too short for limerence. Like f*&k what a waste of time.
I hate this and I hate him.

But really I just hate myself.

Shadow
United States of America

Post by Shadow » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:03 pm

Can'tSleep wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:19 am
Saturday night musings -

Life is way too short for limerence. Like f*&k what a waste of time.
I hate this and I hate him.

But really I just hate myself.
You’re right. Life is too short for this bullshit. Don’t hate yourself though. It’s not your fault. I know how you feel though, as I completely despise myself. I know the feeling of hating LO too. It’s like ‘Stop invading my brain, asshole!’

Can'tSleep

Post by Can'tSleep » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:39 pm

You’re right. Life is too short for this bullshit. Don’t hate yourself though. It’s not your fault. I know how you feel though, as I completely despise myself. I know the feeling of hating LO too. It’s like ‘Stop invading my brain, asshole!’

Yes, exactly! I often look at him and think to myself... "Why are you doing this to me???"

"What do you want from me???"

Of course I know the answer is he's not doing anything to me cause he doesn't know me from a hole in the wall. He is just existing and living his life... and he certainly doesn't want anything from me.

Can'tSleep

Post by Can'tSleep » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:52 am

Saturday night again. Not sleeping...again. Figured I'd come here and use this thread as my journal. It usually helps me a little bit to write some things down.

This past week has been killer with contact with LO. It's honestly been both helpful and hurtful because the mundane things that I would take as possible reciprocation only seeing him sparingly seem much MUCH more mundane and like "nothing burgers" when they are happening almost every day. It's like I can finally see how absolutely ordinary certain "interactions" are between us the more that they happen. I put interactions in quotes because we don't actually interact it's really just eye contact, lack of eye contact and an energy that I feel being around him. (which I know I am manifesting on my own) So seeing him a lot this week has definitely helped put things in perspective quite a bit and I actually went home laughing about it a couple times. Of course on the other hand, it breaks my heart cause it's like shit - he really, really does not actually like me does he - so a couple of days I went home laughing - except through tears.

Part of me REALLY wants to go up to this person and say hey, do you like me? Are you attracted to me in anyway? Am I feeling this energy for a reason? And this way no matter what the answer is I would have made a huge ass of myself and be too embarrassed to ever walk foot into this place where I see him EVER again and it would completely force me to go NC. Unfortunately I could never do that for lots of reasons. So anyway, aside from that I am trying to remain strong in not allowing this person, this stranger, to dictate my emotions everyday. Some days are better than others. Like I said before some days I literally feel like I hate him. Some days I say to myself wow, I really think I am in love with this person. But I know, I know, I know limerence is not love - even when god DAMN it feels like it is.

Can'tSleep

Post by Can'tSleep » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:49 am

Having a couple drinks tonight and felt the need to write. I am feeling super depressed this week. I miss him. How do you miss someone you don't know and don't hang out with?

I was also thinking - if I ever found out that a stranger was obsessively thinking about me all the time I would be majorly creeped out. That would be SO weird. So beautiful stranger - I am sorry that I am such a creep. If I could help it, I would.