Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Stupid, Lame, Crazy and other Feelings

For the lurkers here who want to participate as anonymous users. You can post or add here without the need to register first.
Forum rules
Whilst this is an open forum where guests can post, we still ask you to be respectful of the views expressed by others. The regular forum rules apply here as well and any posts deemed offensive or inappropriate will be deleted.
Lost_1

Re: Stupid, Lame, Crazy and other Feelings

Post by Lost_1 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:53 am

I'm trying not to feel like this doing therapy. My LO rejected me and I feel that rejection enhances my emotions. Have you tried a professional help?

Can'tSleep

Post by Can'tSleep » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:07 pm

I am not doing therapy right now, I don't feel like I am at that point yet. I think it's great that you are getting therapy though and I hope it is helping!

Lost_1

Post by Lost_1 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:58 pm

I'm trying now another therapist with EMDR method. Not everyone understands the intensity of the limerence feeling.

Pudding
Canada

Post by Pudding » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:49 am

Lost_1 wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:58 pm
I'm trying now another therapist with EMDR method. Not everyone understands the intensity of the limerence feeling.
I did some EMDR with my therapist a year and a half ago and it helped a LOT. Good luck!
F 38
LO is M 36, my son’s former teacher
LC beyond my control ~x(

Lost_1

Post by Lost_1 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:58 pm

And you solve the problem
With EMDR ? 0-10?

When I'm getting better. I have relapses and I think back to my L.O in social networks.

Pudding
Canada

Post by Pudding » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:17 am

It didn’t solve it completely, no. It, combined with nine months of NC with LO, greatly reduced my limerence. I am still dealing with it as LO returned and contact is now LC but beyond my control mostly, but it is still much less than it was before the EMDR. The constant intrusive thoughts are gone for the most part.
F 38
LO is M 36, my son’s former teacher
LC beyond my control ~x(

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Some of the symptoms of limerence are similar to those of PTSD, C-PTSD, and many times they're intertwined so yes I can see how EMDR could help that.

Good to hear that the intrusive thoughts have improved, Pudding. :)
"Don't look through their eyes. Look through your eyes".-Kutch, Edge Of America

Can'tSleep

Post by Can'tSleep » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:18 am

Just checking in here to get some things off my chest even if no one reads this. The past month since I started this thread have been mildly better. I feel like the limerence is more in the background of my life but still very much there. I keep seeing LO on and off, here and there. I hate it when I don't see him and I hate it when I do - but at the moment I'm not feeling the extreme highs or extreme lows from it either way. It's very weird. Sometimes I'll take a moment to just REALLY look at this person and I'm like - what is so damn special? Nothing. I don't even know anything about you and you're not even really THAT good looking. So why won't this just go away? It feels like it's just part of my life now like a chronic condition.

I still have trouble sleeping at night because I keep thinking about how embarrassing it is to feel like this. Imagine ever telling someone you don't know how infatuated you are with them. "Hi, I cannot stop thinking about you day and night. Yes, I know I don't know you at all. Yes, there is something wrong with me..."

You know how you think about something stupid or silly you once did or said a long time ago and it still makes you cringe? I get that exact same cringey feeling when I think about how I could possibly take any small, insignificant nothing action and call it reciprocation. It literally makes my stomach drop and I become wide awake with embarrassment and anxiety of how stupid I am even if I was seconds from falling asleep. I just don't want to deal with this anymore.

Yesnomaybeso
Australia

Post by Yesnomaybeso » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:13 pm

Makes total sense and can relate. When I was a teenager I was limerent for someone I had never spoken to, so I’ve been there. But tbh in my experience there’s not much difference between being limerent for someone you kinda know or are friends with or to someone you don’t because we often create a lot of who our LO’s are in our head anyway. Hang in there, it will get better, and you’re not alone :)

Helpmeplease
Great Britain

Post by Helpmeplease » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:48 pm

Can'tsleep - sorry! I have struggles with sleep (kids one reason, LO another). Not sleeping really affects you and your ability to deal with your emotions

It may be a good idea to try a relaxing bed time, listen to music, follow guided mediation. Anything to help with sleep.

You are not alone and it's not embarrassing, find small ways to help yourself and take comfort that you aren't alone and you can post here