Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Back and forth

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
Confused714

Back and forth

Post by Confused714 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:17 pm

Has anyone had a LO who was back and forth with them. Felt like one day they were into you and the next not. And it confused you so much and just made things harder?

Chuck
Canada

Re: Back and forth

Post by Chuck » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:57 pm

Confused714 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:17 pm
Has anyone had a LO who was back and forth with them. Felt like one day they were into you and the next not. And it confused you so much and just made things harder?
Has anyone? I believe that the short answer is EVERYONE.
A big part of this whole experience is attributing huge importance to the small things. In a normal relationship we can handle a little down time without getting the attention.

In limerence, when we get attention it's "proof" that they are interested, and then if we get neglected for a while it's "proof" that we they are not interested, or worse, have lost interest. I am convinced that the average LO, even if they know we have taken an interest in them, has no idea how deep this thing runs, and how much attention we pay to every little thing.

It's like trying to catch smoke.

I can safely say that I have been limerence-free for a few years now. The madness has moved on. But I still can't help but wonder if she ever gives me a thought, now and again.
"In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you."
Buddhist saying

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:54 am

Chuck wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:57 pm
The madness has moved on. But I still can't help but wonder if she ever gives me a thought, now and again.
Ditto. I think its fair to say whether the LE was negative or positive, the LE (and LO), played an important part in our lives.
Have conquered limerence.
I'm no expert, but have learnt enough to know where to look for answers.

marko
United States of America

Post by marko » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:11 pm

Yes, now focus on the escape days and really focus just prior to the thoughts involved.