Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Failure and Starting Over

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
MrSpock

Failure and Starting Over

Post by MrSpock » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:11 pm

Hi,

I was just watching this video from a youtube channel I follow, and I thought I should share it here. While it has nothing to do with limerence, or love, or addiction, it has everything to do with thriving for happiness, finding yourself and what the post title says.

I really loved some of the things Nick said.

jack

Re: Failure and Starting Over

Post by jack » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:56 pm

thanks for posting. I rarely take notes for myself from a youtube video, but I did on this.
Cool interview with a guy whom we can all relate with.
for many of us, LE is such a breaking down moment and we need to rebuild our life, although maybe not as radically as that guy.
and another thought I had re: his advice vs LE, if I had all my life goals carefully planned and written down, maybe I would not succumb to LE that was really a distraction from doing important things in my life.
from the choice of Nick's words I can see he watches Jordan Peterson's videos.

Idiotic

Re: Failure and Starting Over

Post by Idiotic » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:22 pm

It's fair advice. And I like that he is able to say that life is not something you have to take very seriously and yet try to make something out of it and to go all out in making it happen, they are not mutually exclusive . It's only dawning on me, and its a difficult but very important lesson to learn.
Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)