Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Oh so close

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
marko
United States of America

Oh so close

Post by marko » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:15 pm

Even as I move past, the LO looms. I spend only fleeting thoughts, reminded here at work of her memory, but nothing tortures. Miss the laughs, etc.

So I go to a bike race in the woods and I'm last, suffering horribly in this self torture. Down by the lake is, what, my LO. Same hair, coat, clothing style. Can't see her face, I'm like holy crap, it's her. No way, why is she here-- to pay a visit, here by happenstance, reconnect? Haven't seen her since March. I think I should quit and talk to her. She's now taking pictures on a steep incline, camera in her face, I still can't be sure, should I yell out, why doesn't she cheer? Oh crap, that's not her-- I'm embarrassed for myself, I laugh thinking wow, so far away and then not so.

Wow just wow. At least it makes me laugh instead of cry.

CrushedSO

Re: Oh so close

Post by CrushedSO » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi Marko,

It happens and good for you for being able to laugh about it. It’s been almost 5 years since I’ve seen LO and when I run into someone that could be her I still get that “oh shit” feeling.

marko
United States of America

Post by marko » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:36 pm

Yah, and symptoms of self emerge. Immeadiatly, I'm thinking--do I look good, can I impress, will she validate me again. Me me me.

JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:30 pm

marko wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:36 pm
Oh crap, that's not her-- I'm embarrassed for myself, I laugh thinking wow, so far away and then not so. ....
...Immeadiatly, I'm thinking--do I look good, can I impress, will she validate me again. Me me me.
"If I had a nickel...." .... you know how it ends. The number of times my adrenaline was through the roof cuz I thought I saw LO from a distance or in a crowded place. Only for that cold wave to sweep over your skin once you realize it was not LO.

I've not yet met a humanoid creature of constancy.....it's ups and downs and good days and bad with our species. But the laughing and inner chuckle at our weaknesses is a good sign of having opted for a different car on the rollercoaster. Where once was only to be found only the wailing and gnashing of teeth, we can instead be amused and marveling at the powers at work underlying our own transformations. Continued strength your way, marko.....
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz