Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Ashamed and exhausted

Tell us your story. What has been your experience?
jerimouse

Ashamed and exhausted

Post by jerimouse » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi, my name is Jeri. I just Googled "limerence support" and opened this page. It's such a relief to find other people like me!

I've been struggling with limerence ever since I can remember. I fixate on older women, usually teachers or other authority figures/role models. It makes me feel ashamed because it always gets to be obsessive. I can't focus on anything because I'm constantly daydreaming about my LO, looking through her Facebook, or both. It takes up an insane amount of my time.

Last year I had some kind of delusional episode that ended with me confessing my feelings to my current LO as well as other embarrassing and inexplicable things. It really hurts to look back and realize that I probably ruined a friendship with a really supportive mother figure and can't take back what was said. I don't quite understand what it is that I feel or what I want from her, although I'm sure this whole issue has a lot to do with my painful relationship with my mother.

I just feel horrible about myself because of this problem, and I can't seem to fix it no matter how hard I try. I wish I were normal!!

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: Ashamed and exhausted

Post by David » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:26 am

Welcome Jeri and good you found this place. You are far from alone!.
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For Professional Coaching / Therapy see http://loverelations.co.uk/limerence

Male 58