Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

most shameful thing you've done....

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
mamasita

Re: most shameful thing you've done....

Post by mamasita » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:52 pm

ReeledIn wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:19 am
Now_what? wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:34 am
While stalking him on Instagram I accidentally touched
on one on his stories and even though I didn't see anything because I freaked out and closed the app as fast as I could, I'm pretty sure he knew I looked at it.
So embarrassing! :|
I just did this tonight! I accidentally liked a pic of his and knowing him he gets the push notifications since they boost his self esteem. (He has none...according to him.)

Dag nabbit! I am so pissed. I don't normally stalk him on social (or anywhere else) He is blocked on FB so that I won't. He is now blocked on the Gram as well. I am so angry and embarrassed. Now I must face him tomorrow.
Darn it! I'd be curious if he sees that "view" as a call out...and if he will bring it up. Then again, I wonder if since you blocked him right afterward if he will even be able to see that you looked at it at all. Maybe not. Ugh.
It happens. :ymhug:

Shadow
United States of America

Post by Shadow » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:54 am

I’ve Googled him and Facebook stalked his relatives looking for any mention of him (he’s not on FB). I registered on a web site that had his high school yearbook uploaded just so I could view it, then closed my account when I was done. I’ve made stupid decisions at work such as only staying a half hour overtime rather than a full hour because I wanted to leave before he did (his shift ends an hour after mine). Basically I’d give up money just to not have to see his car already gone when I’d go out to the parking lot. I’ve taken certain routes to the break room that I thought might increase my chances of bumping into him. I’d feel so pathetic. I’ve now stopped these behaviors.

Pudding
Canada

Post by Pudding » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:29 pm

Shadow wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:54 am
I’ve Googled him and Facebook stalked his relatives looking for any mention of him (he’s not on FB). I registered on a web site that had his high school yearbook uploaded just so I could view it, then closed my account when I was done. I’ve made stupid decisions at work such as only staying a half hour overtime rather than a full hour because I wanted to leave before he did (his shift ends an hour after mine). Basically I’d give up money just to not have to see his car already gone when I’d go out to the parking lot. I’ve taken certain routes to the break room that I thought might increase my chances of bumping into him. I’d feel so pathetic. I’ve now stopped these behaviors.
Wow. Other than the yearbook thing, I could have written this. I’ve done every single one of the rest of them in relation to my LO. Or used to, anyway.
F 38
LO is M 36, my son’s former teacher
LC beyond my control ~x(

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:23 pm

mamasita wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:52 pm
Darn it! I'd be curious if he sees that "view" as a call out...
Good point!
Have conquered limerence.
I'm no expert, but have learnt enough to know where to look for answers.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:15 pm

mamasita wrote:
ReeledIn wrote:
Now_what? wrote:
on one on his stories and even though I didn't see anything because I freaked out and closed the app as fast as I could, I'm pretty sure he knew I looked at it.
I just did this tonight! I accidentally liked a pic of his and knowing him he gets the push notifications since they boost his self esteem. (He has none...according to him.)

Dag nabbit! I am so pissed. I don't normally stalk him on social (or anywhere else) He is blocked on FB so that I won't. He is now blocked on the Gram as well. I am so angry and embarrassed. Now I must face him tomorrow.
Darn it! I'd be curious if he sees that "view" as a call out...and if he will bring it up. Then again, I wonder if since you blocked him right afterward if he will even be able to see that you looked at it at all. Maybe not. Ugh.
I don't think people who get 200 likes on everything they post give this junk as much thought as some of the rest of us do. :D
"Don't look through their eyes. Look through your eyes".-Kutch, Edge Of America

mamasita

Post by mamasita » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:02 pm

JupiterTaco wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:15 pm
mamasita wrote:
ReeledIn wrote:

I don't think people who get 200 likes on everything they post give this junk as much thought as some of the rest of us do. :D
I am SURE you are right!!

MrSpock

Post by MrSpock » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:14 pm

ReeledIn wrote:
Now_what? wrote:
LOL

When I first got her to accept me following her in Instagram I did the exact same thing.. was going through here photos and accidentally clicked on one of them which added a like. I too panic and closed the tab.

The next day, she herself like the first and only photo I posted (Christmas eve), and I could "learn" how Instagram sends you a notification that someone just liked a post. I was like "OMG now she'll think I'm a stalker!!"

I guess is a good thing I UNfriended her. That for sure won't happen again.

ReeledIn

Post by ReeledIn » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:32 am

Ha! You guys cracked me up!!! MrSpock... glad we both learned that lesson relatively unscathed.

I just wrote a journal entry about the great Instagram fuck-up in my journal... .I think it may have helped me turn a corner! (Link to my post below)
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4118&p=53546#p53546
Me = F, 48
LO = M, 54, single coworker
LE began June 2016 | EA/PA followed for 1 yr
LC/NC for 19 mos (at work)
Disclosed all and reconciled with SO

For my story if interested:
http://limerence.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3738

Cookie
United States of America

Post by Cookie » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:24 pm

ReeledIn wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:32 am
Ha! You guys cracked me up!!! MrSpock... glad we both learned that lesson relatively unscathed.

I just wrote a journal entry about the great Instagram fuck-up in my journal... .I think it may have helped me turn a corner! (Link to my post below)
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=4118&p=53546#p53546
It seems we can all agree that social media is the devil. :ymdevil:

On that note, my last THREE (3) LOs have all pursued me on Facebook. That's how we met. Ugh! Lesson learned: DON'T respond to random messages. Ever, ever, ever. This is a huge victory for me.

But back to the shame. :) Sending pictures in various states of undress. I am literally blushing as I type this and my stomach flips when I think about it. I had never done that before until artist/creep LO badgered the living daylights out of me and begged me for them. It is all he cares about and I finally stopped when I started having a light bulb moment about being used. Then the new/young LO said hello and I started sending them to him!

It's over though. I can honestly say I will never do that again.

Reeled, I read your journal entry and found it encouraging. Oddly, I have remained "friends" online with the LOs I just mentioned but don't really interact with them anymore. Young LO has broadcast his new GF and their instant "love at first sight" all over the place, and rather than feeling ill about it, I just smile and shake my head. Maybe he's found his miracle soulmate, but it doesn't matter. It all screams dysfunction.

I think working through the shame is a big part of it...especially for some of us who are harboring a childhood shame or guilt of some kind.
Female, age 52
Limerent for as long as I can remember
Have had 7 "real" LOs in the last 25 years
Current LO is male, age 44, married AND has another GF!

wisteria.and.wine

Post by wisteria.and.wine » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:33 pm

Wow. Everyone else's "worst" is my best. Lol I feel too ashamed to even post my worst. x_x