Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Hello

Tell us your story. What has been your experience?
Bettyboo

Re: Hello

Post by Bettyboo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:52 am

Thank you L-F... I’ll be honest I’m struggling today. Feel sad and anxious. x

Ivanhoe

Post by Ivanhoe » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi Betty,
This is not a straight line process - more like a stock market roller coaster ride, some days better than others. But if you realize the goal is self awareness so you can truly live/love, it will help. I’ve found it useful to think of this as a journey to a good destination, knowing there will be setbacks.

I’ve also found it useful, when you finally get the insight re what your limerence is REALLY about, to always try to attach consciously the feeling of despair, etc to that insight (for me it is about trying to get live from a BPD mother and a father who couldn’t protect me from her).

You will get through this to becoming real.
65 (feel 50); Male

"Grief makes children of us all. Any intellectual difference is destroyed. The wisest know nothing."
- Emerson

Bettyboo

Post by Bettyboo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Thanks Ivanhoe, I definitely feel as though I’m on a rollercoaster, I’m up and down on an hourly basis at the moment. I haven’t heard from him since Wednesday so I’m just leaving it for now. I won’t message him or initiate any contact again... then gradually when I feel ready I’ll block him. I won’t explain he’ll just be gone. That’s the plan anyway.

I wish I could just be friends and exchange the odd text and have the odd conversation because he seems like a nice man and we have lots in common, but I can’t even entertain friendship while I’m feeling like this. I’m also worried that even though he’s being distant now, he will try and suck me back in at some point. He definitely has narcissistic tendencies!

Thanks for your advice, I can’t tell you how much it’s helping.