Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Outside of LE, how much of a daydreamer are you?

Polls on anything related to anything. Why not create your own poll?

1 - it's very rare for me to daydream, I'm usually focussed on the present conversation or task
No votes
No votes
No votes
4 - I space out occasionally and start thinking of something/someone else, an event in the past or future, etc. but no more than anyone else
9%
27%
23%
7 - I constantly have some sort of daydream going on, even when engaged in a converstion or task
41%

Total votes: 22

Rocinante

Post by Rocinante » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:51 am

I'm curious about how often we fantasize outside of LE. Either playing out how you wished a conversation or a event went in the past, or rehearsing one you imagine in the future.
Rocinante • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocinante_(disambiguation)
RECLUDET PRATERITIS! <-- Current mantra / magic spell ("Quarantine the past!")

crushed1234

Re: Outside of LE, how much of a daydreamer are you?

Post by crushed1234 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:33 am

I had a hard time picking one number. As with many things there’s a different me pre and post LE. Pre LE I would probably say 6 or maybe even a 7, but as I’m really trying to be mindful of when my day dreams and random thoughts take over I would say I’m probably more of a 4 now. I do think however that I have a very active imagination. I think most of us LS do, it’s like a prerequisite for limerence :))

Rocinante

Post by Rocinante » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:56 am

This poll was inspired by Spinnaker's share of this top quality find:
Spinnaker wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:02 pm
Just a blog but some good points on how and why we use escapism.
https://personalexcellence.co/blog/escapism/
I had a weird childhood where I couldn't really count on parents/family to keep me safe and I became lost in a lot of daydreams that represented wishes, even till quite late in adolescence. I'm not sure if 'daydreaming harder' always counts as escapism but I think there are parallels with escapism. Perhaps family trauma / conflict + where daydreams work as an escape, make up the pre-reqs for limerence.

I like my ability to step out of my head for the purposes of creativity & invention but I do not like it as a coping / escapist strategy at all.
Rocinante • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocinante_(disambiguation)
RECLUDET PRATERITIS! <-- Current mantra / magic spell ("Quarantine the past!")

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:58 am

Rocinante wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:56 am
This poll was inspired by Spinnaker's share of this top quality find:
Spinnaker wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:02 pm
Just a blog but some good points on how and why we use escapism.
https://personalexcellence.co/blog/escapism/
I had a weird childhood where I couldn't really count on parents/family to keep me safe and I became lost in a lot of daydreams that represented wishes, even till quite late in adolescence. I'm not sure if 'daydreaming harder' always counts as escapism but I think there are parallels with escapism. Perhaps family trauma / conflict + where daydreams work as an escape, make up the pre-reqs for limerence.

I like my ability to step out of my head for the purposes of creativity & invention but I do not like it as a coping / escapist strategy at all.
That's exactly what happened to me. I used to use daydreaming as an escape quite often, for many years. Limerence was what made me see how wrong it was, or how detrimental it was to my existence. Now, when I indulge in daydreaming, I can eventually stop it.
"God grant me the serenity, to just remember who I am"-Games People Play by Joe South