Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

HELLO! again

Tell us your story. What has been your experience?
NVTS
Fiji

HELLO! again

Post by NVTS » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:21 am

Hi all!

I am the member formerly known as Windy1. Several reasons for the change but the 3 most important are 1) History of the world part 1 is one of my favorite movies and an homage to Mel Brooks. 2) I realize how crazy my thinking has been. 3) My previous handle was a reference to my Sanskrit name and not my flatulence as some may have misconstrued.

I haven't been posting much lately but still check in and still draw a lot of inspiration and wisdom from all of you!

It's been nearly a year since my limerence went into overdrive and I literally thought I was going crazy. It took about 5 weeks from the time that the overdrive started to when I discovered the term "limerence" and subsequently this forum.

I can happily report that my limerence is about 20-30% of it's worst! I still think about her and daydream but I also have internalized the ridiculousness of my thoughts. I last had contact with her about two months ago and I don't do social media at all(thank God).

The marriage is a lot better. I have had many deep and meaningful conversations with my wife without disclosing to her. She has a severe jealous streak and I think disclosure to her would not be well received to say the least.

To all you newbies to this forum; please keep reading and posting it has worked wonders for me. I also have a T and many close friends and family who know what I am going through. All have helped me get to where I am.

I don't think that I will ever be "cured" as I am a serial limerent since childhood. I am grateful for having this experience however painful it has been, BUT I never want to go through this again.

I am leaving on a weeks vacation with my family, and I look forward to participating more in the near future!

Peace
M-46-married
LO- married 47,work colleagues

L-F
United States of America

Re: HELLO! again

Post by L-F » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:06 am

Best wishes for your holiday N!

I've missed your posts so look forward to hearing how the holiday goes.

Really pleased with your update on how things are going with your SO.

All the best! :ymhug:
When you are external facing,
how do you expect to do the inner work? :-??

Idiotic

Re: HELLO! again

Post by Idiotic » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:14 am

NVTS wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:21 am
My previous handle was a reference to my Sanskrit name and not my flatulence as some may have misconstrued.
Good to know =))
Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)