Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Limerence out of control

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
Nina

Limerence out of control

Post by Nina » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:51 am

I think I’m just boy crazy af this point . So me and my SO broke up bc I told him I cheated. Which I did with an old LO. A horrible toxic person for me. But he’s not the issue. It’s my current LO. He has a girlfriend and now that I’m single I’m just mad I never made a move on him when we hungout. But I had a boyfriend then so how would I have anyway??!! I’m just mad I wasted it on a past LO who took advantage of me. I know cheating is wrong no matter what but I just wish I could have kissed current LO. But who knows if he even would have wanted to? That would crush me getting rejected by him. And now I’m just dwelling and I feel myself going insane about him. I keep picturing his face so clearly and his cute voice. I’m so obsessed and I’ve been stalking his twitter and Instagram and now his girlfriends and it’s making me sad. I want to still be with my boyfriend but how ?? How do I be with him when I feel this way towards people? And I don’t think it will ever stop. I really don’t want to be single though. My ex is literally the right person for me. I’m just stupid and I can’t sleep bc I keep dwelling on LO.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: Limerence out of control

Post by JupiterTaco » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:31 am

Hi, Nina,

It sounds like it might be a good idea to clear your head and figure out what you want. On one hand, you're mad that you and your SO broke up, yet you're still limerent over your LO. Many have been there. If you feel the need to apologize to your former SO, then do so. It's probably a good idea to think of exactly why you want to do anything you want to do from here on out. Try to live for the truth, no more impulses and illusions. Good luck!
"God grant me the serenity, to just remember who I am"-Games People Play by Joe South

L-F
United States of America

Re: Limerence out of control

Post by L-F » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:25 am

Welcome Nina.

I agree with JT. Maybe spend some time on your own where you can take a step back and gain a new perspective.

Stay strong.
No one is coming to save you.
This life is 100% your responsibility.