Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Pow-ah

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
Havb
Saint-Martin (French part)

Pow-ah

Post by Havb » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:01 pm

Suddenly thinking how hilarious and sad it is to give my PISOO even the slightest bit of power over me. Why?? There is no good reason, as none of his actions indicate that he is worth that. Furthermore, is ANYONE worth giving away power ? Duh—of course not, as a healthy relationship is one in which power/authority is shared equitably.

Brief thoughts for now; more later.
“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” -Samuel Beckett

There is always more work to be done.

L-F
United States of America

Re: Pow-ah

Post by L-F » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:54 am

I looked at what I was gaining by doing this. Giving our power away reminds me of being a masochist. Someone who wants to be dominated by a painful experience. When I embraced the notion that perhaps I was (a person who enjoys an activity that appears to be painful or tedious like being obsessed with a person who didn't reciprocate), then I was able to step out of that mindset, or at least look at it in a different light.

I also looked at the ease of playing victim. How it sat well within powerlessness. If I'm not powerful, I'm a self-proclaimed victim. Needing LO or someone to save me (from what I don't know).

Being powerless meant I didn't have to take responsibility for anything behavioural such as beating myself up with the torture of limerence. A self-perpetuating cycle that in some way was beneficial regardless of the pain caused.
A first date question: "how aware are you of your traumas and suppressed emotions, and tell me how you are actively working to heal them before you project that shit on me?"