Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Friends of LO

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
Matty5000
Canada

Friends of LO

Post by Matty5000 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:44 am

Just wondering if others have contact with friends of your LO. And if so, do you find yourselves seeking validation from them? Or do you see them any differently after finding out they are close to your LO?
Other people make excellent mirrors.
Male: 35

Spinnaker
United States of America

Re: Friends of LO

Post by Spinnaker » Wed May 16, 2018 3:04 am

No.

However, if my LO hadn't been married, given the opportunity, limerent moi would have finagled a way into his life.

I went to great lengths to avoid LO's spouse due to the guilt of encounters with her popping my limerent la-la land bubble-o-fun! 8-|

Acrobatica
France

Post by Acrobatica » Wed May 16, 2018 4:53 am

Yes. LO has few friends, but they are all pretty interesting people. I have sought them out, because I see myself, at least in parts, reflected in them. I am not seeking to know them to get closer to LO really. I am more seeking them out to understand myself better. I see that he surrounds himself with openly emotional and caring people, who compliment freely, but who also have a high need for validation from others. I think that this is interesting since he is so closed emotionally, refuses to give any validation, and claims to need no validation from others. I have often wondered whether we get stuck on LO because we desire validation from everyone, and he refuses to give it, so we keep trying, and develop a friendship, whereas most people would just move on.

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Wed May 16, 2018 8:56 am

Its not the same since i never got to really meet her friends although i did something similar. I stalked her friends online, yes i am a very efficient stalker who stalks friends and family to get the complete picture :-B =)) .

Its a form of seeking validation, cos i remember feeling 'damn her friends are so cool and 'woke', and they're all out there doing relevant stuff, look at old boring ass me ugh shell never like me that much'.
Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)

Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker » Wed May 16, 2018 11:21 am

"Its a form of seeking validation, cos i remember feeling 'damn her friends are so cool and 'woke', and they're all out there doing relevant stuff, look at old boring ass me ugh shell never like me that much'."

You aren't alone in thinking this way, but it's not true.

Unless taking a picture of your toes on yet another beautiful beach is relevant, my friends are far from "woke".... and so am I. :((

Pudding
Canada

Post by Pudding » Wed May 16, 2018 12:31 pm

Acrobatica wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:53 am
I have often wondered whether we get stuck on LO because we desire validation from everyone, and he refuses to give it, so we keep trying, and develop a friendship, whereas most people would just move on.
Oh, interesting. This jumped out at me. I wouldn't say I don't get validation from LO but, he is the one person at the school I want to get closer to/be friends with, that I can't. The other staff I know and like, we sometimes hang out outside of school, we are friendly. Those are all females. But him, no. I think it's mostly because he's a male and he's my child's teacher (although I am quite close with my other child's teacher), but also because he keeps to himself a lot. I wonder if part of my LE is desperately trying to break through that "barrier" and not being able to?
F 38
LO is M 35, my son’s former teacher
LC beyond my control ~x(

Acrobatica
France

Post by Acrobatica » Wed May 16, 2018 4:04 pm

Pudding wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:31 pm
I wonder if part of my LE is desperately trying to break through that "barrier" and not being able to?
I wonder this too.