Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Lim as in bin or lime as in pine?

Tell us your story. What has been your experience?
Pomothy
Great Britain

Lim as in bin or lime as in pine?

Post by Pomothy » Sun May 13, 2018 8:37 am

What do you say? :D

Spinnaker
United States of America

Re: Lim as in bin or lime as in pine?

Post by Spinnaker » Sun May 13, 2018 9:10 am

Bin

Blue pill :!!

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Sun May 13, 2018 9:34 am

Crap
I took the purple pill ~x(
A first date question: "how aware are you of your traumas and suppressed emotions, and tell me how you are actively working to heal them before you project that shit on me?"

LostAgain
Great Britain

Post by LostAgain » Sun May 13, 2018 10:34 am

Sorry,no idea what you mean.
Pray explain.

Pomothy
Great Britain

Post by Pomothy » Sun May 13, 2018 2:45 pm

How do you pronounce the 'lim' syllable in limerence. It's a word I have only ever read, never heard.

So is it 'lim' as in limerick or 'lime' as in limestone?
So far I've got one vote for 'lim' as in limerick, and some references to coloured pills that might be about a film from the 90s.

TheMoon

Post by TheMoon » Sun May 13, 2018 2:58 pm

I've always assumed lim as in bin, but like many people here I suspect, the word has never passed my lips and neither have I ever heard anyone else speak it. It wasn't until I saw your post that it even crossed my mind to wonder :-o !

Shadow
United States of America

Post by Shadow » Sun May 13, 2018 3:00 pm

Lim as in limerick. If you would like to hear the word spoken there are YouTube videos on the subject.

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Sun May 13, 2018 3:33 pm

TheMoon wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 2:58 pm
I've always assumed lim as in bin, but like many people here I suspect, the word has never passed my lips and neither have I ever heard anyone else speak it. It wasn't until I saw your post that it even crossed my mind to wonder :-o !
You've never said it out loud? Like never? Not even read it to yourself, just like that. Or am i the only one who does that :-?
I say it as lim as bin as well.

What about 'llaamarance'?( Why aren't ther llama emojis? )
Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)

JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux » Sun May 13, 2018 5:48 pm

Idiotic wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 3:33 pm
Not even read it to yourself, just like that. Or am i the only one who does that :-?
Here we go again!..... 8-|
.. :D

It's come up before that it seems the world is divided into those who read.....and just "read"....versus those who read...and have a full-blown narrator inside of their head that sounds like Alistair Cooke one minute and Hellen Mirren the next reciting the words on the page....

(....but the latter wouldn't be *me*!... :-\ [-( %-( ~x( ...)

Truthfully, I can't recall NOT reading this way....right now as I'm typing these words, the inner narrator is Alan Rickman,....but that could just be due to having played a short video clip for SO from "Quigley Down Under".....

Gotta love (or not) the way the mind works.......and plays.....after too many years spent frollicking in the Hollywood Holodeck.... B-)
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Sun May 13, 2018 7:25 pm

JohnDeux wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 5:48 pm
Idiotic wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 3:33 pm
Not even read it to yourself, just like that. Or am i the only one who does that :-?
Here we go again!..... 8-|
.. :D

It's come up before that it seems the world is divided into those who read.....and just "read"....versus those who read...and have a full-blown narrator inside of their head that sounds like Alistair Cooke one minute and Hellen Mirren the next reciting the words on the page....

(....but the latter wouldn't be *me*!... :-\ [-( %-( ~x( ...)

Truthfully, I can't recall NOT reading this way....right now as I'm typing these words, the inner narrator is Alan Rickman,....but that could just be due to having played a short video clip for SO from "Quigley Down Under".....

Gotta love (or not) the way the mind works.......and plays.....after too many years spent frollicking in the Hollywood Holodeck.... B-)
Interesting... I have a narrator voice in my head too. In fact ive given 'voices' to everyone on this forum and i read it in their voice! And most other things.
Its strange though. English isn't my native language, so all the voices are mostly derived from American pop culture.
Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)