Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Practical Gift from DH

Open forum ... what's on your mind? Want to vent or lament about your Limerent/Love Object? This is the ideal place.
MajorProblemo

Re: Practical Gift from DH

Post by MajorProblemo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:41 am

As a guy, I have a different spin on this. Do you think he did this as a passive-aggressive jab (i.e. he thinks your pesky chin hairs are unattractive, indicative of the larger issue that you don't keep yourself sexually attractive to him)? Or because he saw it, remembered you complaining about your chin hairs, and thought it would be something you could use? It didn't sound like this was your anniversary gift or anything.....

AMA210
United States of America

Re: Practical Gift from DH

Post by AMA210 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:36 pm

MajorProblemo wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:41 am
As a guy, I have a different spin on this. Do you think he did this as a passive-aggressive jab (i.e. he thinks your pesky chin hairs are unattractive, indicative of the larger issue that you don't keep yourself sexually attractive to him)? Or because he saw it, remembered you complaining about your chin hairs, and thought it would be something you could use? It didn't sound like this was your anniversary gift or anything.....
The not being sexually attractive for him holds no water. I do remove my excess facial hair, shower, wash my hair, brush my teeth, general grooming and highlight my hair. I even wear makeup when we have date night.

It was a practical tool to make my life easier. I think that is the bottom line. Thanks for the post.
52 years old, married for 27 years
LE was 22 months

"Always moving forward"