Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Rescue me

A common theme appearing on these forums is co-dependency.
townshend
United States of America

Rescue me

Post by townshend » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:57 pm

(Is this the right section for this??)
So this isn’t a limerent song for me, doesn’t remind me of LO or anything (thank god), but it’s kinda got the most obvious LE lyrics (isn’t this what we’re all really asking by forming an LE anyway? 8-| ). Anyway I’ve realized before that so many of the songs on my phone are about love, not because its my thing but just because most songs are about love in general and a couple of the genres I listen to focus on it particularly. Makes me wonder, at what point does the unintentional bombardment of those lyrics start to shape my psyche, so now I’m searching for it but instead of for real through infatuations :-? #-o

And like I said I never listened to this and was like “yes me too girl”, it’s just a fun listen but at what point does hearing these messages start to actually impact the listener?

Anyway it’s a good one:
No good has ever come from feeling guilty neither intelligence, policy, nor compassion. The guilty do not pay attention to the object but only to themselves and not even to their own interests, which might make sense, but to their anxieties. -Paul Goodman

Idiotic

Re: Rescue me

Post by Idiotic » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:07 pm

Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: Rescue me

Post by David » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:07 pm

townshend wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:57 pm
(Is this the right section for this??)
totally - the very definition of co-de is wanting to be rescued or to rescue.
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For Coaching, Mentoring see www.drdavidperl.com