BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Thoughts?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
L-F
United States of America

Thoughts?

Post by L-F »

I'm probably not going to get much feedback on this post, yet, was reflecting on my experience on this forum over the years and found that there's a disturbing narrative that has been somewhat normalized. That narrative is about the okay-ness of older men being limerent over young females due to it being an instinctual factor of some sort due to their lizard brain in action (breed or the human race will no longer exist).
And each time the notion of an older married man limerent for a young female pops up, I seem to be the only one who finds that its NOT okay! Borderline pedo (if not full blown pedo) in my books. Especially when the older male is 'waiting' for their LO to turn 18 as if that makes it remotely okay!

I'm standing up against that 'normalized narrative' because anyone with half a brain can see that its an outdated instinct in this over populated world. So if you find yourself drooling over someone who is classed a minor or close to it and you are old enough to be their father or grandfather, think about all the BOTs in this world looking very closely at you and your interactions.

Fighting limerence is one thing. Lamenting over an underaged LO is... you be the judge.

This is not shared to shame the older male, its to challenge that outdated narrative and to get people to see BOTs will be very VERY curious indeed, and rightly so.

Adding, and when I've challenged these men who have daughters, how would they feel if an older man was limerent for their daughter, its brushed off as if its all part of the cavemans game, take what one desires.

Quite simply, its an outdated narrative that needs to be exposed for what it is. Created to justify mens actions and thoughts.

I wish more men would stand against this behavior but sadly, all I see is the 'nod' that its all part of being a male. If you're a male, I challenge you to deeply question what narratives are created by men for men, and whether that narrative protects and respects the females in your life.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: Thoughts?

Post by JupiterTaco »

Well I have a bit to say on this subject given my recent icky experience with another married coworker today which I'll talk about later. I was just wondering how exactly do you head off flirty comments from married freaking coworkers. It's getting really old.

I understand that at some level there's some evolutionary advantage to the idea of meeting with a younger person but you know we women are attracted to people all the time we we don't always act on it we know that sometimes it's better not to act on it.

I understand limerence is a different situation but really I'm more than convinced that even though I know that men experience limerence too most men who were with other women knowing that they're taken are just trying to have their cake and eat it too nothing more.
She's not broken, she's just a baby. But her boyfriend's like a dad just like a dad-Lady Gaga, Alejandro
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

JupiterTaco wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:34 am I understand limerence is a different situation but really I'm more than convinced that even though I know that men experience limerence too most men who were with other women knowing that they're taken are just trying to have their cake and eat it too nothing more.
Right? Where do you draw the line? When is it limerence vs the male desire for a younger woman? Again, just another narrative to cling to, to justify behavior.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
karalinda
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by karalinda »

In their most common sense, the terms thought and thinking refer to conscious cognitive processes that can happen independently of sensory stimulation. Their most paradigmatic forms are judging, slope unblocked reasoning, concept formation, problem solving, and deliberation.A little thought and a little kindness are often worth more than a great deal of money.” “Act with kindness but do not expect gratitude.”Good thoughts make a happy person'. 'If you have a dream, never let go of it, chase it till the end'. 'Make yourself your own competition, strive to be better than yesterday, and you'll find the true essence of life!'
vesseloflight

Post by vesseloflight »

YES. I wish I had more brainpower at the moment to reply to this...but YES. I agree 100% with this thought of yours. I'd rather be without a man if that is the man I would age alongside.