BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

People

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
L-F
United States of America

People

Post by L-F »

Have you ever noticed people will say whatever to appease you?

Fortunately, I'm not one of those people.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Re: People

Post by L-F »

Saying this because I had someone tell me XYZ that they had no intention of following through with. Makes you wonder why they wasted their breath in the first place. I mean, honesty at the get-go would have been preferred.

Makes me think about those who encourage limerent behavior. Had anyone encourage you or told you it's all the other person's fault just to make you feel better?
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
fup
Belgium

Post by fup »

Yeah, I’ve definitely been questioning LO’s sincerity during LE’s. Looking back I’m still not sure if they have been saying things that have encouraged me to stay limerent because they actually meant it and just didn’t follow through because they sensed me having my guards up which made them unsure if I was interested. Or if they sensed my attraction being a bit too strong for them to handle and tried to let me down easy by fizzling out.

In general I prefer people being straight forward. And I try to be that myself though I definitely have some points of weaknesses. But in rare cases of limerence I actually prefer people fizzling out.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

fup wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:28 pm Looking back I’m still not sure if they have been saying things that have encouraged me to stay limerent because they actually meant it and just didn’t follow through because they sensed me having my guards up which made them unsure if I was interested. Or if they sensed my attraction being a bit too strong for them to handle and tried to let me down easy by fizzling out.
Yeah, that's interesting aye. Leading you on on the one hand, which is quite typical, then running for the hills when they have succeeded. And so very annoying! I'm sure most limerent episodes are created this way. People inadvertently want something they don't want [attraction], though I say this lightly because there are those (limerents not LOs) that should know better.

Isn't it funny how humans tend to desire being desired and when they are, don't want it.
fup
Belgium

Post by fup »

L-F wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:42 am
fup wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:28 pm Looking back I’m still not sure if they have been saying things that have encouraged me to stay limerent because they actually meant it and just didn’t follow through because they sensed me having my guards up which made them unsure if I was interested. Or if they sensed my attraction being a bit too strong for them to handle and tried to let me down easy by fizzling out.
Isn't it funny how humans tend to desire being desired and when they are, don't want it.
I think most of us like to be desired but when we sense that the desire is not really about us, it doesn’t feel so great. Much like limerence says more about the limerent than the LO. I do remember as a younger woman when I was quite attractive that people never really seemed to see me for me. It does feel great at first to be desired for your looks, but quickly it becomes uncomfortable to feel like an object or at best a one dimensional person. I guess that’s comparing to how LO’s can feel.