BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

UM, How Long?

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
loslabios
United States of America

UM, How Long?

Post by loslabios »

So, I was reading this website and mused some at this quote: "It is also incredibly comforting to know that unrequited infatuation very rarely lasts for more than 6-8 months, and often will fizzle out incredibly suddenly and much earlier than this" (https://pairedlife.com/love/infatuations). Perhaps that is true for most people, but I have passed the four year mark with my current LO. I went more than 20 years with a former LO. I went at least 4 years with the LO before that and with the LO before that. While I do not have the despair (severe depression + severe anxiety) I had a few years ago, I still have this resounding loneliness that my brain thinks she alone can fill. Rationally, I know that is displacement and that she cannot really fill that emptiness. However, my emotional side still thinks/feels this way. I go to bed at night wanting to say "I love you" to my current LO. I am waiting patiently for this to suddenly fizzle out. I am guessing it won't until the next LO comes along. I wish I was poetic and musically talented because I sure do wish I could make a profit off of this needless but uncontrollable suffering.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: UM, How Long?

Post by JupiterTaco »

Is there anything whatsoever that can take your mind off of your LO?
"Tell me...how many times did you have sex with him?" Griselda, Cocaine Godmother
"Six, why?" Affair partner
"Because that's how many times I'm going to shoot you," Griselda
loslabios
United States of America

Post by loslabios »

Not for long. I started playing guitar again because that helps me think about something else. Even when I am teaching, LO is pretty much in my head.
townshend
United States of America

Post by townshend »

Apparently LEs average 6months to 3yrs but some have lasted even decades. It all depends on the person/situation. Mine was really 4.5yrs because I knew him for 4.5yrs (also had a celebrity LE like obsession before that for I think 3yrs). I’ve been NC for 1yr now and I’m no longer trapped in my LE but I look at being limerent just like being an addict. I’ll be limerent until the day I die I’m sure but how much time will I spend at the bar? How many drinks will I take?
No good has ever come from feeling guilty neither intelligence, policy, nor compassion. The guilty do not pay attention to the object but only to themselves and not even to their own interests, which might make sense, but to their anxieties. -Paul Goodman
Katrulz

Post by Katrulz »

Almost 2yrs NC for me. I think you’re right on the money there about loneliness and emptiness there.

When will it stop? I suppose it depends on when we fill in that hole in our lives. If loneliness is your core issue, can you find some friends somehow? I’m currently at that stage of realisation that perhaps friends might be key for me. Not an easy thing to solve.
Married Female In 30s
Multiple LO's since primary school ending with reciprication, transference, starvation and burnout.
Started NC 10/12/18 with last platonic LO.